GordieBoy80

Deutsch Par

I was called GordieBoy by my Dad after he'd had a few to drink and I thought it was good enough for a forum username and it's the name I use on most forums, the 80 is because I was born in 1980.  My posting style is probably obvious enough to other forum users to identify who I am if I am using other names although hitting 35 is probably too old to be using aliases now.  

My first Pars game was around 1985, no idea who we played and the game didn't really capture my interest then not even when I was mascot for a 0-0 draw with Arbroath.  I did however begin to take more interest in what was happening on the pitch when I had my first ever season ticket which was for the main stand which I found a bit disappointing, especially with those bloody pillars.  The season after I moved onto the terracing typically standing behind the goal while we had more than our fair share of disappointments watching incompetent clowns like Iain Munro and Jocky Scott in the dugout but watching the great times such as Kozma's hat trick (on my 9th birthday, so he's got my favourite ever Pars player pretty much sewn up), promotions etc. 

When the terracing was finally taken away in 1998 after we made sure that Celtic were not going to be celebrating on our pitch (and getting offered silly money of up £200 for my ticket by Celtic fans) I felt that something was lost in the ground as it never seemed intimidating to visiting teams any more and I of the belief that it is not a coincidence that we got relegated that year.  Don't get me wrong being in the North West stand is great but it's not a patch on the terracing.

Although witnessing poor results on the pitch is angering and/or upsetting it's nothing compared to the turmoil we suffered as a club and a community in 2013.  I was staying in Paisley at the time and had to pick and choose my games based on working as a steward and if I could afford to come through to Fife if I wasn't working, I missed the Dumbarton game that Shooboax mentions elsewhere but Stuart had made few banners for the Thistle game previously that managed to get the attention of the Sun and Record.  Also, if you look closely at the YouTube footage you can see my Thistle supporting mates joining in with the post match protests.  

When Lord Woolman decided that Masterton couldn't use his pension as security on Pitreavie and his last roll of the dice had been used thus preserving the history of the club for future generations I won't lie I celebrated as if The Pars had just won the Champions League as soon as I saw the Tweet.  

I have also been responsible for writing the match previews and doing the updates for the site so far but I am more than happy for other people to get involved with that side of things should they wish to do so.  Sorry for the ramble, I do go on a bit...  

Archived