Pedro - Chelsea or United

Vinnie

Pedro of Barcelona, 5th pick forward, now subject of offers from Chelsea and United.  Is it just me, or are Chelsea and United lowering their standards here?  Surely they want to be strengthening by bringing in the best, and perhaps weakening their rivals in the CL at the same time?  Links to the likes of Suarez and Neymar perhaps, or Ronaldo and Bale, not their understudies?  Find this a strange one, Pedro has done very little in the past few years.

With this in mind, Im also predicting a toil for EPL clubs in the CL, except perhaps City.

I think Mourinho is interested in his scoring record as much as anything which isn't too bad for a wide player, Chelsea haven't had too many goals from that wide right position in recent seasons. Willian was first choice most of last season but doesn't score too many and Oscar rotates between wide and central positions and the bench.

I have no clue why United wanted another wide forward, they seem to collect them. Having watched their first couple of games they could do with an out and out central striker to give Rooney some competition for his place.

Ive found this transfer window to be a strange one.  Clubs seem to be strengthening in areas that they have plenty of cover. 

For example, Everton.  Everton need a decent centre half having released both Distin and Alcarez.  There is a very distinct possibility that Stones could leave too.  With time running out to bring in players, Everton, in my view, need a centre half or two.  They have plenty of wingers, and plenty of midfield cover, yet brought in Deulofeu (midfielder, can play wide) and Cleverley (midfielder), and a kid for the future.  Everton continue to be linked with Aaron Lennon, Shinji Kagawa (has been named at various points throughout summer) and, now Yarmolenka (forward).

Manchester United need a decent centre half and a centre forward.  Certainly don't need another winger.  They've spent big on two defensive minded midfielders, and are linked to another winger.

Perhaps this is why Im sat here?  Perhaps Martinez, Mourinho, and LVG know more than me, I just find it curious, as do many pundits.

Archived