Stephen Kenny's Jumper

Paradox

I have been a follower of God's XI for 30 years now, since my first game (a 3-2 win over Stenhousemuir in the 'old' Second Division).

Since then, I, like all other Pars fans have lived through the highs and lows of the past few years.  Perhaps surprisingly, what should be some of the highs are amongst my least treasured memories - the European embarrassments of recent times, and the Cup Finals, which other than being fun days out have, in the grand scheme of things contributed heavily in the troubles of our Club (or at least in terms of how we got the playing staff who took us there).

My two favourite games are the 1-0 win over Dundee United at Tannadice in the season that we won the league.  I have never known such a mixture of emotions in a game of football, and the Pars support were incredible that day.  I don't think anyone who was there will EVER forget that day.

The other was the 'Martin Hardie' game against the Wee Team at East End Park - what an atmosphere again that day!

My lowest point as a Pars fans was the Play-Off Final against Cowdenbeath.  I don't think I have ever experienced a feeling like that in football.

The good times are on their way back at East End Park.  We have an exciting manager, and a team set out to entertain the fans.

The comeback begins here - COME ON YE PARS!!!!!!

Archived