Transfer news & gossip

Superally

Heard from a friend who grew up with him, that Leon Jones has signed for us and will be announced imminently.  22 year old centre back, eligible for the Chinese national team.  Sounds like he sees the Pars as an ideal springboard for professional football and to pursue his international career.  Good luck to him and welcome to the Pars.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/former-hearts-youngster-aims-for-china-international-call-up-and-a-new-scottish-club-after-living-his-american-dream-3246998

3 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Heard from a friend who grew up with him, that Leon Jones has signed for us and will be announced imminently.  22 year old centre back, eligible for the Chinese national team.  Sounds like he sees the Pars as an ideal springboard for professional football and to pursue his international career.  Good luck to him and welcome to the Pars.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/former-hearts-youngster-aims-for-china-international-call-up-and-a-new-scottish-club-after-living-his-american-dream-3246998

Interesting piece of info. Would be good if he signs, it's an interesting one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Not sure why we would go for another centre back we have 4 (5 if you include Comrie) already

16 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

If he signs for us then plays for the Chinese national team as well we might get a bit of a following from China, if so we might need a bigger stadium. 

3 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Not sure why we would go for another centre back we have 4 (5 if you include Comrie) already

I was a bit surprised too.  Unless Peter Grant is doubling down on the 3 at the back and is looking to do a 2 players for every position thing.  If so id expect another striker on board too

Edited by Rossmcno1
Editing awful grammar 😂

2-3 games in and Grant should have an idea where the problem areas are and what he needs to address them. ATM you would have to say that defensively is the weakest link but its early days yet and it takes time for a new system and players to gel. While we have players to come back in from long term injuries (Dow, Martin, McCann and Wilson) its not automatic that they will be able to return to their previous levels of fitness - albeit we all hope they do.

Like I said I suppose it's one of the less predictable signings and one of the more interesting. 

My wife's pals laddie is with Alloa and he said they were gutted when Grant moved on. He was in about all aspects of the players and had an infectious level of positivity. I hope it starts to really rub off and instill confidence into them. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Confirmed on Cows that Leon Jones the ex Hearts youngster/ US College grad has signed. A left sided defender. I wonder if that means Lewis Martin hasnt regained fitness. 

Glad it’s out there re Leon now.  Didn’t think my pal would take me for a dafty like that.  He looks a big built lad if not the tallest.   I hope Lewis Martin is ok though would hate for this to be as a result of a set back for him.

• Upvote 2