Transfer news & gossip

Superally

9 hours ago, Piracy said:

Need to see more signings over the next week or so. I've no doubt it'll happen, just getting a wee bit impatient now. 

Agreed.  We desperately need to see some incoming quality in midfield.  We’re probably getting close to having the right balances in the other areas and can top up with a loan or two.  Really hope we can pull off a marquee signing in the middle of the park.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Our central midfield has been pretty poor for a few seasons. I don't think Crawford or AJ ever got the right players for the systems they wanted to play

I agree with all of that. I dont know if it was the system or not the right players but it impacted and compromised on how we played our strikers as well. It never really worked for O'Hara. Neither to an extent did it work for McManus either. Neither were really a target men and were better playing off rather than bringing players into play. Todorof and Wighton will be a difference and I think PG will know how to get the best from O'Hara. However we do need to get the midfield sorted and get a system that makes us competitive 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Superally said:

Just signed 23yr old attacking midfielder Dan Pybus on a 1yr deal with a 1yr option. Recently played for us in the first friendly and was playing for QoS last season. 

He's not a bad player being honest. Pleased enough with that 

57 minutes ago, Superally said:

Just signed 23yr old attacking midfielder Dan Pybus on a 1yr deal with a 1yr option. Recently played for us in the first friendly and was playing for QoS last season. 

Played against Strollers too. I can't really remember him doing much, but also don't remember him doing much wrong.