SPFL TROPHY/Challenge Cup

Yorkie

We could win the next 6 games and then lose the following week - and it would still be papering over the cracks for some.

For the record, I don't think we'll win the next 6 games.  I hope we do though, I don't subscribe to the viewpoint that we should hope for a defeat so that the manager gets punted.*

* Exception made for Jocky Scott

I never said I hoped for a defeat, just that a win (against lower league opposition) wold only paper over the issues. For me there is more deep rooted issues here, Grant  and his appointment being at the forefront.

We went through the same stumbling form one meh result to another which did just enough to keep Johnston and Crawford in a job fr way longer than they should have been. This will be a case of rinse repeat irrespective if we sneak a draw at Ayr.

6 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We could win the next 6 games and then lose the following week - and it would still be papering over the cracks for some.

For the record, I don't think we'll win the next 6 games.  I hope we do though, I don't subscribe to the viewpoint that we should hope for a defeat so that the manager gets punted.*

* Exception made for Jocky Scott

give the people what they want then they can moan about that too when that doesnt work then round and round we go again.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

give the people what they want then they can moan about that too when that doesnt work then round and round we go again.

Cant help but agree with this and I think you have already mentioned the managerial merry go round of usual suspects. I'm also not an advocate of anyone because they have had a previous association with the club. Lots of threads / messages out there but not seeing anything that suggests a replacement for Grant. Mind you I don't have an immediate suggestion either. I have seen a couple of mentions for The Bunnet and McInness but that's it.

10 minutes ago, Superally said:

Cant help but agree with this and I think you have already mentioned the managerial merry go round of usual suspects. I'm also not an advocate of anyone because they have had a previous association with the club. Lots of threads / messages out there but not seeing anything that suggests a replacement for Grant. Mind you I don't have an immediate suggestion either. I have seen a couple of mentions for The Bunnet and McInness but that's it.

I would like us to bring in a proper manager who has experience. 

Ross mcarthur seems to like hiring coaches who have no or very little experience as being a manager- Potter,Crawford and Grant.

Out of the 82 applicants at least a few of them has to be better than grant. It went down to a final 2 between Hughes and Grant,so dont be surprised if you see Yogi coming in soon.

9 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Out of the 82 applicants at least a few of them has to be better than grant. It went down to a final 2 between Hughes and Grant,so dont be surprised if you see Yogi coming in soon.

Would a Pars support accept Hughes? It would be a massive call. Personally I would have no difficulty with him but it would be toxic for others. I suppose that's the problem there is no natural consensus on who could be the Manager and at the moment we don't have a vacancy lol. 

1 minute ago, Superally said:

Would a Pars support accept Hughes? It would be a massive call. Personally I would have no difficulty with him but it would be toxic for others. I suppose that's the problem there is no natural consensus on who could be the Manager and at the moment we don't have a vacancy lol. 

It wouldnt surprise me that if Grant does leave,that they give the job to Shields as manager till the end of the season and Meggle being more involved.

3 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

It wouldnt surprise me that if Grant does leave,that they give the job to Shields as manager till the end of the season and Meggle being more involved.

Then people would say that's the Potter / Crawford scenario being played out again ................ there are no winners and sadly no easy solutions either

I would take any manager that can get us in winning form.

My main worry now is how bad it is going to get with Fatigue from covid recovery. I had it 5 weeks ago and I am still not even 75% capable of what I was before. It affects folk different I accept that but regardless I expect to see some player's experiencing fatigue.  Wondering what other's experiences are with recovery