Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

I'm not convinced he knows what his strongest team is yet either, and his preferred back line is a big part of that. He does need to determine that soon though. I'm surprised big Vytas isn't getting much of a look in. Every game I've seen him he looks at least as solid, if not better than what we have. He's not perfect, but a lot more steady than some of the young boys, he's got international experience, that must count for something surely?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Going by Grant's earlier interviews I think he is looking for "football players" in every position. As we saw on Saturday there is still a  place for a no nonsense commanding centre half. Might help with the cross ball issue we have as big Vytas fits that bill nicely

I'm happy for my centre backs to be able to pick a pass into midfield or wide, but as you say, a CB's job, first and foremost, is to win their headers, win their tackles and play it easy. They can't all be John Terry or Alan Hansen stepping into midfield. I'd rather our centre mids dropped back in to proactively take the ball from them. It makes for a much more joined up unit, in terms of playing through the lines and keeping the lines tight as well.

Has my support for the moment, I always thought that Alloa over performed when he was there despite their relegation. However I cant defend what I have witnessed in the past few games. However its not just about the Manager its also about the players and individually as professionals many of them have underperformed as well. As GJS93 says Grant was maybe not the first choice for many fans but I can't recall many suggestions either.