Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

2 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Understand why. It is quite galling when there is so much infighting and unease amongst us all. Hopefully some redress of things soon. 

I don't think anything has come across as infighting, everyone has their take on what's rapidly became a farcical season.

3 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

shall I continue for you and Let you take a breath? 😉

7. A complete inability to sign a central midfielder.  

8.  Making Dom Thomas captain, playing him central midfield, then dropping him and stripping him of the armband.

9. Playing Paul Allan who was doing just fine, then dropping him out the team completely for Dorrans and Cole (or Pybus).

there a few more, who’s next 😂

if I didn’t laugh I’d greet at how embarrassing our team has been.

Number 7 is probably the worst of the lot!

• Upvote 1

Not advocating him to stay but think it’s very difficult for the board to sack him three games into a season, nothing in their previous handling of these situations indicates they have that sort of conviction to do that. Also now the season is off and running, really are limited with replacement options I would’ve thought.

We’ve dug ourselves a rather big hole.

We’re meant to be winning the league this season…

35 minutes ago, Berry said:

Not advocating him to stay but think it’s very difficult for the board to sack him three games into a season, nothing in their previous handling of these situations indicates they have that sort of conviction to do that. Also now the season is off and running, really are limited with replacement options I would’ve thought.

We’ve dug ourselves a rather big hole.

We’re meant to be winning the league this season…

Thanks Berry

I can’t help but look at the crowd for yesterday, the performances and results over the last 4 games, and then look to St Mirren with Stubbs and think we need to make a swift decision.  I agree with you though our existing board have been slow to react where necessary when it comes to poor managerial performances in the past.  Let’s hope for some German efficiency.

Not advocating for him to remain, have said before that I saw a touch of the Leishman about his gift of the gab but that's as far as it goes. Leish knows his strengths in terms of coaching and always had a strong no 2.

Leishman could also make the tough decisions when needed.... 

I can't see many signs Grant can turn this around, think it's nigh on time he was "encouraged to seek alternative employment opportunities".

If his early statements are to be believed he'll know this himself......... 

after talking about time, patience, building the club from the bottom up, do the new owners want to sack the manager after 3 league games they approved and the "football man" of the group was heavily involved in appointing and go totally against what they have said? Berry says its a big hole, thats an understatement, sacking Grant might calm things down for a day or two but then you have to replace him which is another near impossible task in different ways. 

replacement options would be the same as in the summer but i honestly dont think it matters who is in charge anymore.

Edited by gjs93
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'm genuinely thinking about staying away now. I'm not wasting cash watching that shambles. 

The Board needs to step up. 

It's bad when a guy like yourself is having those kind of thoughts and you won't be the only person thinking that way. 

The club loses 100 people like yourself going to matches paying about 70 quid a match day then that's 7000 going elsewhere every second week.  The club isn't rich enough to lose that kind of money. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

It's bad when a guy like yourself is having those kind of thoughts and you won't be the only person thinking that way. 

The club loses 100 people like yourself going to matches paying about 70 quid a match day then that's 7000 going elsewhere every second week.  The club isn't rich enough to lose that kind of money. 

There were about maybe a dozen of us sitting after the match having a beer saying similar things. 

The club is needing a complete change from top to bottom. You will have the three German investors on the board but I would look at changing the pars United guys and bringing in people with fresh ideas and more football knowledge, I liked the idea brought up at the supporters meeting about having a woman on the BOD and having more diversity.

Ross seems a decent enough guy and puts a lot of time and effort into the club but his managerial appointments have been shocking and we are going backwards rather than forwards at the moment.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

There were about maybe a dozen of us sitting after the match having a beer saying similar things. 

My laddie is also in that camp with a couple of mates, it's a big ask for folk to fork out cash to the club and be subject to that every other week. Sad thing is there was a substantial crowd of young uns at the wee team game, which hopefully would translate into a few getting hooked on the Para and this will be the future of the club. Serving up this crap only helps get them on a bus to Glasgow to watch football.