Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

14 hours ago, gjs93 said:

have said id change it now and i still go with that but there is no perfect manager for this league for what fans expect/demand/want imo. 

There is no perfect manager for this league, yet there is manager's that know how to get the best out of player's, in my own opinion that's all I want is the pars to be set up right for the game, no having players playing out of position, play good football adapt formation when it's no working and put in a performance every week. If we play well but result doesn't go in our favour then I would take that.

Our fans are fickle like every other teams we expect to be challenging at the very minimum. The current fact is we are way off where we could be and it doesn't look even the slightest bit positive going ahead.

3 hours ago, Polt said:

There is no perfect manager for this league, yet there is manager's that know how to get the best out of player's, in my own opinion that's all I want is the pars to be set up right for the game, no having players playing out of position, play good football adapt formation when it's no working and put in a performance every week. If we play well but result doesn't go in our favour then I would take that.

Our fans are fickle like every other teams we expect to be challenging at the very minimum. The current fact is we are way off where we could be and it doesn't look even the slightest bit positive going ahead.

We will be challenging next season...for the league one title if they give Grant a full season.

Watson's comments were definitely at odds with his managers but I don't think there was anything sinister in it, he just offered an opinion as a player and players are conditioned to look within themselves after a defeat whereas a manager will always look for ways to cover the deficiencies of his players/team, that's why it looked contradictory but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's lost the dressing room. Yet. 

He might however if he keeps making baffling decisions about the players he's leaving out though. Comrie I kind of get as he'd clearly had a few sleepless nights having had his first kid, we've all been there, but if he's making himself available he should trust the player and he should be first name on the team sheet for many. Wighton was our best forward player last year and he can't get in the team? We'll never know but IMO he would have buried at least one of the three great chances Todorov had on Saturday as contrary to what Grant seems to believe, he's the best finisher at the club, not O'Hara. 

He needs to get a formation that works to get his best 11 players on the park, it's really as simple as that. Constant chopping and changing to suit formations designed to combat opposition is a load of pish at this level as players will always make mistakes and so you beat teams by making them make them. No disrespect to Arbroath or Dick Campbell, but especially when it's teams like Arbroath who we should be looking to beat at home no matter how they set up with the players we have versus theirs. Any team that sets themselves up first and foremost as being 'hard to beat' are essentially admitting they don't have the capability to take the game to you and so are making up for it in other ways. 

We saw that last week. Yes, we got well beaten, but they sat in and hit on the break and frustrated us. We gave the ball away, we were pedestrian rather than high tempo switching the ball to get them moving, and yet we still created at least 5 good chances that I counted. The reason we lost was down to how much we let them dictate the pace and format of the game and that was down to not getting the ball down and getting at them from all angles, instead opting to slowly bang our head against a brick wall doing the same thing, over and over again.

I'm no tactical genius, but I sat behind Peter Grant last week so had the exact same view as him, if I could see it, why couldn't he? Inability, or just plain stubbornness?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

When we do get rid of Grant,we are still going to have the rubbish players that he has signed and some of them are on 2 year contracts. 

Mehmet has to be the worse goalkeeper at the club since Chris Smith. Dorrans should hang his boots up,he has brought nothing into the team and always looking for the easy pass.

I think the whole point is our expectations were raised, we're desperate for that next step to come about. The Premiership. 

It'll happen and when it does it'll be awesome, astounding, emotional and memorable. That's the very good point about supporting clubs like ours, we wait years on those special times. 

I viewed Grant's appointment with sceptisim, like many others. However I was willing for him to prove me wrong bit it's just went South way too quick and I just can't help feeling he's a f*ckin disaster. That is why I'm so pi*sed off right now. 

The thing worth mentioning is that we've a new Board. These guys aren't dummies, they're proffessional guys and they're put in a hefty 6 figure sum already. They'll get this sorted, they're successful in life and business because they're risk takers but know when to arrest a damaging situation. Do you think Thomas Meggle is down at training just to support Grant?, is he whit!, he's assessing what's going on. They'll protect their investment. They want success. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with you piracy, the new board are four successful businessmen and that includes meggle, who also has a construction business outside his involvement in football,they will be more ruthless than pars United.

Nick Teller had seven guests at the game with him on Saturday,imagine how embarrassed he will be after that performance.

They wont want people back in Hamburg that they know looking at the club they own failing,they will act soon and I would be surprised if we see Grant back in the dugout at East End for the Inverness game.

I know Meggle has a lot of contacts in football, not just in Germany but worldwide but I dont know how it would work bringing in a manager from the EU with Brexit. Gundermann also has contacts in Portuguese football,so we might see a left field appointment when Grant gets sacked.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Piracy said:

I think the whole point is our expectations were raised, we're desperate for that next step to come about. The Premiership. 

It'll happen and when it does it'll be awesome, astounding, emotional and memorable. That's the very good point about supporting clubs like ours, we wait years on those special times. 

I viewed Grant's appointment with sceptisim, like many others. However I was willing for him to prove me wrong bit it's just went South way too quick and I just can't help feeling he's a f*ckin disaster. That is why I'm so pi*sed off right now. 

The thing worth mentioning is that we've a new Board. These guys aren't dummies, they're proffessional guys and they're put in a hefty 6 figure sum already. They'll get this sorted, they're successful in life and business because they're risk takers but know when to arrest a damaging situation. Do you think Thomas Meggle is down at training just to support Grant?, is he whit!, he's assessing what's going on. They'll protect their investment. They want success. 

agree with that.  Problem might be the old board who are stale and should have moved on long ago, instead of hanging around for a day out with pals and wearing the club blazer up town

• Upvote 1