Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Crowd yesterday was really poor. Given the weather, lack of fans for 18 months and a decent Arbroath support. Less than 3k must be a worry?

I'll admit i was surprised at the crowd yesterday, its not a good sign to see a crowd less than 3K.

As for the Manager I cant say anything that would mitigate him staying even after a few games. However even before he was appointed there was little if any consensus on who should be the next manager. In truth I don't see any stand out options atm either 

I didn't see the game yesterday. So I suppose its unfair to comment too much, but by all accounts the players have to take responsibility as well.  I think there were a few who could honestly say they gave 100%. The unfortunate thing is that this wasn't a one off game. Players can have a crap game in isolation but to be consistently playing below expectations isn't good enough either and its not acceptable for Pars fans.  Its an old adage that players can get a manager sacked  and this may be the case in the EEP dressing room. Strange that a game against Elgin City takes on an absolute must win status,  failure to progress next Sat and changes may be inevitable.

3 hours ago, livipar2 said:

Crowd yesterday was really poor. Given the weather, lack of fans for 18 months and a decent Arbroath support. Less than 3k must be a worry?

Season ticket sales are short by about 500 I think of our target and cant see a lot walk up fans this season with displays like yesterday.

It is worrying that a lot of our die hard fans are thinking about stopping/ have stopped going. One of the boys on our bus said he wont be back inside east end for a long time, he has been going home and away for years but has got fed up with the way the club has been run over the last year or so.

4 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Im done until the cunts gone. Shouldn't have got near the job in the the first place but how he is still in a job Speaks volumes for the coward ****** cunts in charge of the club

What I want to know is how '****' past the swear filter😂😂

• Upvote 1

I feel ridiculously stupid to have been sucked I again. All the positive talk in the interviews. Now  I've actually had enough. I am not going to take a dig at the board as they are right. They have taken us as far as they could. So some need to step aside if that's how they see it. 

Action needs to be decisively taken or we're going to end up back in 1st division because a certain individual thinks too much of himself and blames everything and everyone but himself!

Seen it time and time again a team playing pants turns good with a management change. I think we have a competitive team just not being played in the best formation or tactics. Players can only do what the manager tells them so the buck stops at him. Time to get rid and go through those applications to find a manager that will be good for this squad and league.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Polt said:

Seen it time and time again a team playing pants turns good with a management change. I think we have a competitive team just not being played in the best formation or tactics. Players can only do what the manager tells them so the buck stops at him. Time to get rid and go through those applications to find a manager that will be good for this squad and league.

Ayr thought David Hopkin was the good fit for this league with his own squad, Ayr fans want rid of him already.

have said id change it now and i still go with that but there is no perfect manager for this league for what fans expect/demand/want imo. 

• Upvote 4

On 30/08/2021 at 06:46, Boston Red Sox said:

Depends on what the "egos who hold sway" decide is best for "their" club.

Let's hope they realise soon that they have made a big mistake in hiring grant and bring a proper manager in before it's too late.

Could we end up like Falkirk a couple of seasons ago? I hope not.