Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

I noticed on the poll on Grant, 2 voted for him to stay (myself being 1) I'd give him another 3 or 4 games to improve things. Not keen on sacking managers especially as he only 4 games in, or whatever it is. Hopefully the board, or whoever calls the shots has a word with the manager and players, to tell them it's not acceptable. He won't get to Xmas with the start he's had.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I noticed on the poll on Grant, 2 voted for him to stay (myself being 1) I'd give him another 3 or 4 games to improve things. Not keen on sacking managers especially as he only 4 games in, or whatever it is. Hopefully the board, or whoever calls the shots has a word with the manager and players, to tell them it's not acceptable. He won't get to Xmas with the start he's had.

We've not got a choice as fans obviously, the Board will decide. I think they'll give him a bit more time, but by Christ he needs to come up with something genius to rectify this.

The majority of fans probably don't want him and I'm not sure the players are all playing for him.They didn't look like they were against Arbroath. 

• Upvote 1

I dont think the majority of pars fans wanted Grant in the first place,he was an underwhelming appointment but when he came he won some over with his talk about winning the league.

He has now shown us that he talks a lot of rubbish,saying that we almost scored everytime after rangers scored  at ibrox and how his CV blows everyone else out the water. What has he done as a manager? Nothing

I think the club will act very soon,maybe he will be gone by this time next week. Grant has already came out and said he Hope's he is given time to fix things so it seems the BOD have maybe already had words with him.

Season ticket sales are the lowest they have been in years,a poor away support at starks park and also a very poor crowd vs arbroath shows you the fans are staying away. 

Edited by rosythpar

On 05/09/2021 at 20:42, scottyboy said:

I never made the game, but was expecting the usual tough match from Arbroath. From what I heard was, the players heads went down, when falling behind. Improvement has to be priority in next few fixtures. Think I'll fire out to next home game to see for myself. 

its like every mistake is being punished and a feeling like every chance we create isnt going to go in. the Arbroath game, mistake and 1-0 down, Kennedy hits the post, they go up the park and make it 2-0, its like what can go wrong will go wrong even through no fault of our/their own. 

go back to @Piracy post, some players have chucked it the only doubt is how many. still dont see anyway back for Grant its just how quickly they will change it not if they will. to get the majority back on side they probably have to appoint Petrie but to most of them even if that happened and we werent winning every week they'd want him gone too pretty quick.

fans might be staying away because of a pandemic? doubts over what they'd get for the season ticket? the appointment of Grant and results wont have helped some but everything isnt his fault.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

its like every mistake is being punished and a feeling like every chance we create isnt going to go in. the Arbroath game, mistake and 1-0 down, Kennedy hits the post, they go up the park and make it 2-0, its like what can go wrong will go wrong even through no fault of our/their own. 

go back to @Piracy post, some players have chucked it the only doubt is how many. still dont see anyway back for Grant its just how quickly they will change it not if they will. to get the majority back on side they probably have to appoint Petrie but to most of them even if that happened and we werent winning every week they'd want him gone too pretty quick.

fans might be staying away because of a pandemic? doubts over what they'd get for the season ticket? the appointment of Grant and results wont have helped some but everything isnt his fault.

Petrie wont come anyway, he has a good job at the bank so doubt he will take the risk changing to full time management.

I know a lot of fans who haven't renewed their season tickets this season because they felt it was a poor appointment and also not happy with the way the club is being run.

Mcarthur was going on about how we would lose 40% of our matchday income when we played behind closed doors, but when the stadiums are open- dont apply for more than 2k fans for the partick game, then for the Arbroath game, no Charlie d's,programmes only for sale in the club shop and 50/50 online only. I think the new owners need to try and change the whole matchday experience- the hospitality package is rubbish compared to other clubs and the service in legends is shocking, think it would be simple enough to bring in a queuing system.

• Downvote 1

I renewed my season ticket for the first time in a few year (4 I think) to put money into the club after the club struggling with no income due to the pandemic etc. Fresh start for all, fans getting back into games, the fresh initiatives being available to the board through the new appointments. However, the decision to appoint Grant wasn't an inspired choice imo, but I chose to support it. It's proving to have been poor decision and a gamble too far. Stevie Crawford was a gamble, the Chairman knew that, it didn't work out. I suppose any managerial appointment is a gamble, but the odds are better for some managers than others based on their experience, and dare I say it... CV's. 

We really can't afford to gamble given our circumstance. There's a time and situation for out the box thinking and 'brave' managerial appointments but during a period of uncertainty for society (and the game in general) wasn't the time. 

I'm not an inherently negative person. I'm usually passionate, optimistic and sometimes my responses are purely reactive, which isn't great after a game, but I soon regain a sense of perspective. However this situation with Grant just isn't sitting right with me regardless of what my rational side is saying. I think he's lost the dressing room, I don't think he's a leader of men, a manager needs to be that. I think he's a competent coach, but I don't think he's a competent manager and I think the Board have made a mistake. 

I have been a strong backer of Ross McArthur and I've fought in his corner many a time, and I will continue to do so if I feel he's right, but he (and others) have called this wrong. To not even have considered a portion of the over 80 applicants for the managerial position is truly baffling. In fact to come out and admit this to the fans has given those doubters a stick to beat them with. 

That all said it's early in the season. It's football and things can be turned round pretty quickly and moaning fuds like me will be ecstatic to have been proved wrong, and I truly hope I am. So over to you Granty boy.

Start organising and inspiring your players. Stop berating them in public and manufacturing sh*te excuses post match. If you can't be measured in your public responses, then say nothing at all, that's judgement and wisdom for you but has Grant got this?, I'm not so sure. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

I renewed my season ticket for the first time in a few year (4 I think) to put money into the club after the club struggling with no income due to the pandemic etc. Fresh start for all, fans getting back into games, the fresh initiatives being available to the board through the new appointments. However, the decision to appoint Grant wasn't an inspired choice imo, but I chose to support it. It's proving to have been poor decision and a gamble too far. Stevie Crawford was a gamble, the Chairman knew that, it didn't work out. I suppose any managerial appointment is a gamble, but the odds are better for some managers than others based on their experience, and dare I say it... CV's. 

We really can't afford to gamble given our circumstance. There's a time and situation for out the box thinking and 'brave' managerial appointments but during a period of uncertainty for society (and the game in general) wasn't the time. 

I'm not an inherently negative person. I'm usually passionate, optimistic and sometimes my responses are purely reactive, which isn't great after a game, but I soon regain a sense of perspective. However this situation with Grant just isn't sitting right with me regardless of what my rational side is saying. I think he's lost the dressing room, I don't think he's a leader of men, a manager needs to be that. I think he's a competent coach, but I don't think he's a competent manager and I think the Board have made a mistake. 

I have been a strong backer of Ross McArthur and I've fought in his corner many a time, and I will continue to do so if I feel he's right, but he (and others) have called this wrong. To not even have considered a portion of the over 80 applicants for the managerial position is truly baffling. In fact to come out and admit this to the fans has given those doubters a stick to beat them with. 

That all said it's early in the season. It's football and things can be turned round pretty quickly and moaning fuds like me will be ecstatic to have been proved wrong, and I truly hope I am. So over to you Granty boy.

Start organising and inspiring your players. Stop berating them in public and manufacturing sh*te excuses post match. If you can't be measured in your public responses, then say nothing at all, that's judgement and wisdom for you but has Grant got this?, I'm not so sure. 

Good post, agree with pretty much all of the above which sums up where I'm at.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

I think that sums up a lot of peoples feelings, I like to think I'm more pragmatic than some when it comes to evaluating football, but we're all emotional about it, it wouldn't be fun otherwise. 

I'd love for it to be a sticky start and nothing else but the only thing that will get folk onside, rightly or wrongly, is results and he needs them fast. I'm not one for hiring and firing managers at all, I think they should be given a chance to build but for me the team isn't as good as it was under Crawford, despite him adding quality in the likes of Todorov, Kennedy etc That for me says something isn't hitting the mark that needs fixed. 

I'm stopping short of saying he needs to go, three games would be ludicrous, but he needs to either turn it round quickly, or at the very least show that we are capable of getting results. Most fans would see if the rub was against us, but at the moment, despite creating a barrowload of chance against Arbroath, we also conceded 3. If we'd done that and kept a clean sheet, there would still be folk moaning, but most, I'd like to think, would be able to see the positives. There are no positives to take when you've had your pants pulled down 3-0 twice.

• Upvote 3

Digs  you are ignoring the league cup -why? Against St Mirren we failed to create a single chance or a single shot on goal, we were rarely in the attacking third. Yes we played pretty pass ball for about 25 mins in the first half but seldom crossed the half way line -  all utterly sterile.  I didnt  watch against Rangers as I was pretty sure I knew the script - and so it came to pass and by all accounts we were utter dog****

Having watched the Thistle and Arbroath games  I will give him three more. I will be at the Ayr game ( already not looking forward to it)  and the Hamilton  match.  I will make up my mind then but with each result/performance it looks more unlikely he can turn it around.     

I'm going to make a prediction and stick my neck out here, Grant will go after this game against Ayr. 

I don't think he can get the players to play for him. I think he's lost them altogether. Rumours are rumours and I'm uncomfortable in saying such things, but I can't help believing there's something behind these rumours. 

I think he's got to go and soon. Had enough of this pi*h, this club deserves better. 

Just now, Piracy said:

I'm going to make a prediction and stick my neck out here, Grant will go after this game against Ayr. 

I don't think he can get the players to play for him. I think he's lost them altogether. Rumours are rumours and I'm uncomfortable in saying such things, but I can't help believing there's something behind these rumours. 

I think he's got to go and soon. Had enough of this pi*h, this club deserves better. 

I agree with you piracy,I dont think we will see him back at East End again. Players dont like the tactics and grant doesn't like them questioning him. 

Majority of fans weren't keen on him when he got the job but we gave him the chance but he has been shocking so far. 

We probably have the second highest budget in the league after killie, so we should be getting a much better product on the pitch than we have. Other teams have achieved a lot more than us recently working on much tighter budgets,we need to start getting a lot better. 

• Upvote 1