Rovers away

Deutsch Par

Is this match a must win for Peter Grant?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Must win or not?

29 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

It’s not though to me.  I didn’t think it was the manager - surely not as hes just in the door. It came across much more ingrained and long term than that.  
If going to say something on social media that you know is going to garner interest, why not just call it out completely?

I think the guy on the screenshot is obviously expressing a personal opinion. He was employed by the club and he will have a unique insight to how it was being run. If he's not going to be specific about details on social media then everything is pure conjecture, that's a fact, and we should deal in facts. 

Of course we can all speculate and we all do it. But that's all it is. 

Perhaps the person with the opinion should get in touch with the club and convey those concerns. Or come straight out with it, but I suspect there'd be reasons he won't, or maybe can't. 

On a personal level I definitely have some concerns about certain aspects of our club but I've e-mailed, turned up at supporters nights to ask questions and spoken to the Chairman direct. I'm wary about claims on social media. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I think the guy on the screenshot is obviously expressing a personal opinion. He was employed by the club and he will have a unique insight to how it was being run. If he's not going to be specific about details on social media then everything is pure conjecture, that's a fact, and we should deal in facts. 

Perhaps the person with the opinion should get in touch with the club and convey those concerns. Or come straight out with it, but I suspect there'd be reasons he won't, or maybe can't. 

On a personal level I definitely have some concerns about certain aspects of our club but I've e-mailed, turned up at supporters nights to ask questions and spoken to the Chairman direct. I'm wary about claims on social media. 

Agreed - too easy to have ulterior  motives….

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Exactly, I agree.  Just out and say it, in the right channels, or don’t.  But I appreciate stuff ain’t as black and white (pardon the pun) as that sometimes.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

May have, also may have legitimate concerns, but anyone in these circumstances should 'out' their issues if its harming the club in any way. 

If it's been long term concerns and going on while he was general manager, best place to talk about it would have been when he was getting interviewed on the salt and sauce show last year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

It’s not though to me.  I didn’t think it was the manager - surely not as hes just in the door. It came across much more ingrained and long term than that.  
If going to say something on social media that you know is going to garner interest, why not just call it out completely?

I’m not gonna put words in the boys mouth  but if it was me going on a rant such as that I wouldn’t be referring to the manager. 

Anyway, tickets sorted. Looking forward to beers beforehand and dreading the game tbh.

• Like 1

Hands up if you were an eejit who booked tickets in the home end when the away end wasn't working? 🙋‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

Getting a refund and told to just go and book again. Tried that, it wouldn't work - Just kept saying 'You've tried to add more than your allocation to your basket' no matter how many tickets I requested. I tried, Chrome, Edge, Chrome on my phone, and even tried it on my sons laptop. No dice. 

Eventually got back through on the phone and did it over the phone. Someone is definitely trying to tell me not to go to this game...

57 minutes ago, Digs said:

Hands up if you were an eejit who booked tickets in the home end when the away end wasn't working? 🙋‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

Getting a refund and told to just go and book again. Tried that, it wouldn't work - Just kept saying 'You've tried to add more than your allocation to your basket' no matter how many tickets I requested. I tried, Chrome, Edge, Chrome on my phone, and even tried it on my sons laptop. No dice. 

Eventually got back through on the phone and did it over the phone. Someone is definitely trying to tell me not to go to this game...

See if its 7-0 to the Rovers, its your fault……

• Upvote 1