Rovers away

Deutsch Par

Is this match a must win for Peter Grant?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Must win or not?

i reckon he wouldnt have played if Comrie had been available, looked ok in what was played though.

bit early to look at next week but this is the problem with having so many options, it makes it harder to pick the right ones. last night the early signs with Dow in midfield making it a 3 and just generally how they played, do you go the same again? a bit radical but horses for courses idea, do we need a home team and an away team that are almost totally different?

22 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

i reckon he wouldnt have played if Comrie had been available, looked ok in what was played though.

bit early to look at next week but this is the problem with having so many options, it makes it harder to pick the right ones. last night the early signs with Dow in midfield making it a 3 and just generally how they played, do you go the same again? a bit radical but horses for courses idea, do we need a home team and an away team that are almost totally different?

I wonder if Jones was picked purely to manage out Zanatta.  Two of them will have known each other from Hearts so that could make sense.

A good manager will get the balance right between form, opposition, conditions and pick the team accordingly.  I don’t subscribe to the play same 11 if it’s working theory on every occasion.

Has to say when I looked at the starting 11, I was fearing the worst. Difficult to judge on the 13 or so minutes but we started brightly and looked the better side - It may not have been the same over the 90 but it did give me some future confidence that we looked and played much better. 

1 hour ago, Superally said:

I wouldn't be sure it would depend on the TV schedules I imagine and the replay date. I'm not sure even if those who had bought tickets would be allowed free entry?

I could be wrong but isn't it the case that if the match is abandoned before half time then tickets are still valid for rearranged game? 

• 4 weeks later...