New Manager

worldwiderab

The board are  having a meeting at east end this morning,hopefully we will know soon that he has been given his marching orders.

This appointment has absolutely destroyed the club and we will be suffering from this for a while. The signings grant has made will still be here and some are here on 2 year contracts,absolutely shocking.

Some fans might not have wanted Dick Campbell back but he wouldnt have had us in this mess. If we had brought Dick in,you would also have a great assistaint in Pink. The pair of them have worked miracles at Abroath and will now be laughing at us. 

We need to bring a proper manager in this time,not someone who is best pals with board members or a manager who gets a good reference from his ex-chairman. Us the fans cant put up with these ridiculous managerial appointments anymore. We need a proper interview process this time but I am afraid the damage has already been done for this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

I think when Grant does go (it really is a matter of when, not if) we will be lucky to get half the number of applications as we did in the summer.  A lot of managers will probably decide not to bother as they will have the perception that we are a tin-pot club, and rightly so. 

part of football management is there are only so many jobs and even fewer available at one time, there will be plenty of applications and interest IF the job becomes available.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Very good, but he maybe should have halted and sifted through a few of the stand outs.

maybe Grant was the stand out when they looked at the 80+ applicants.

41 minutes ago, Mr Mac said:

I wasn't convinced by Grant but his gift of the gab pronouncements got all our hopes up only to be dashed against the rocks. 

going to tie that in with the idea of a interview process and Grant has conned his way into the job, it would be unusual to appoint someone who interviews badly or worse than others in that process. 

6 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

The board are  having a meeting at east end this morning,hopefully we will know soon that he has been given his marching orders.

This appointment has absolutely destroyed the club and we will be suffering from this for a while. The signings grant has made will still be here and some are here on 2 year contracts,absolutely shocking.

Some fans might not have wanted Dick Campbell back but he wouldnt have had us in this mess. If we had brought Dick in,you would also have a great assistaint in Pink. The pair of them have worked miracles at Abroath and will now be laughing at us. 

We need to bring a proper manager in this time,not someone who is best pals with board members or a manager who gets a good reference from his ex-chairman. Us the fans cant put up with these ridiculous managerial appointments anymore. We need a proper interview process this time but I am afraid the damage has already been done for this season.

the only thing a proper manager and a proper interview process guarantees is folk can stop saying we need a proper manager through a proper interview process. 😂

did we approach him before or after going through the applicants?

3 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

So you would say Grant stands out better than Dick Campbell? Dick applied for it and his managerial record blows Grant's out the water.

i wouldnt have appointed either but it wasnt my decision

2 minutes ago, Superally said:

How do you know Campbell applied for it?

and who else applied?

Just now, Superally said:

Never heard that, I would doubt being an incumbent manager in the same division he would publicly say that - but happy to be proved wrong

Ask him next time you see him,he will tell you himself that he applied. He said last year that he would only return to 2 full time clubs, us being one of them.

35 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Ask him next time you see him,he will tell you himself that he applied. He said last year that he would only return to 2 full time clubs, us being one of them.

As much I like him, he also says he's a pars man but his songbook history would suggest that's not the case.