New Manager

worldwiderab

Just now, Secure Par said:

They have a big perntage of ownership in St Pauli fc I believe… club known for hardcore fans and a hooligan group…. I can only imagine what would happen if that statement was made to their fans….. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I didnt think they had any ownership in st pauli? I know meggle is connected to the club but didnt think any of the four had any shares in the club. I think Gundermann is a fan of a smaller team in Hamburg. 

I believe we were close to striking up a partnership with paderborn at one point?

• Upvote 1

I think Petrie is performing wonders at Montrose. Think someone will take notice soon and offer him a job at a higher stage. Whether thats with us is another matter. Nothing to do with him being a former player. I wanted Jim Goodwin in the past, when at Alloa, but again, another club picked him up. There  a few candidates that could probably improve us. I'd still love for us to all be wrong and PG gets a big win under his belt, but still can't see it. Maybe the board are looking at other options away from Scotland, regarding somebody not on the radar.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

I think Petrie is performing wonders at Montrose. Think someone will take notice soon and offer him a job at a higher stage. Whether thats with us is another matter. Nothing to do with him being a former player. I wanted Jim Goodwin in the past, when at Alloa, but again, another club picked him up. There  a few candidates that could probably improve us. I'd still love for us to all be wrong and PG gets a big win under his belt, but still can't see it. Maybe the board are looking at other options away from Scotland, regarding somebody not on the radar.

I think Brexit could have an effect on us bringing in a European coach, I could be wrong though. I thought when Crawford left we could have seen Meggle bringing in a young German coach but I was wrong. Meggle has a lot of contacts so it could be someone not on the radar, he is also an agent and I am sure he has one manager-Zorniger but he is currently at Apollon Limassol. He will be way out of our budget anyway.

I know Brexit has had an effect on Meggles plans,he tried to sign five EU players but to sign them they have to be capped at international level, for example Vytas Gaspuitis. Ross and Thomas were hoping that rule could get changed shortly.

• Upvote 1

the rules are a lot easier on coaches/managers than it is for players so shouldnt be a problem if they choose that route.

"but to sign them they have to be capped at international level"

they didnt and whoever they were getting that info from was wrong as a couple of signings in the top flight have shown. as for the rules changing, im surprised it hasnt been agreed yet what it will be up here with 2 months to go till the winter window.

37 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

the rules are a lot easier on coaches/managers than it is for players so shouldnt be a problem if they choose that route.

"but to sign them they have to be capped at international level"

they didnt and whoever they were getting that info from was wrong as a couple of signings in the top flight have shown. as for the rules changing, im surprised it hasnt been agreed yet what it will be up here with 2 months to go till the winter window.

It was Ross who mentioned about needing an International cap at the supporters meeting and how they had tried to sign foreign players. He mentioned how they had looked at German players but it would obviously be impossible to sign a German international.

Thomas was also asked if he would be bringing in foreign coaches for the new academy eventually but mentioned Brexit being an issue.

Should be loopholes to get around it though.

Remember we signed a few foreigners under Jeffries who turned out to be flops- D'Angelo, Hrivnak, Chemin and Bernardo that I can think of on the top of my head. Faissal turned out not too bad :)