New Manager

worldwiderab

I came across this article in the New York Times (!) that explains the current system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/sports/soccer/scotland-football-brexit.html

Maybe GJS93 or someone else can say if it's completely accurate, but it highlights quite starkly the problems Scottish clubs are facing, and it's only going to get worse unless something different is put in place.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stanza said:

I came across this article in the New York Times (!) that explains the current system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/sports/soccer/scotland-football-brexit.html

Maybe GJS93 or someone else can say if it's completely accurate, but it highlights quite starkly the problems Scottish clubs are facing, and it's only going to get worse unless something different is put in place.

Yes a very interesting article. Ross did mention the appeals system but I think he mentioned it costs a sum everytime and your not always guaranteed to get the player approved. A lot of obstacles to get past to sign a player from the EU. I would imagine the players Thomas has been looking at wouldnt be on many points.

• Upvote 2

@Stanza yes that is accurate

think it was £1000 per appeal but also no guarantee of when it would be heard and even if approved how long it would take to actually be completed, could have been a week or a month or longer.

at the moment i can see the appeal process remaining in place with no agreement reached.

5 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Yes a very interesting article. Ross did mention the appeals system but I think he mentioned it costs a sum everytime and your not always guaranteed to get the player approved. A lot of obstacles to get past to sign a player from the EU. I would imagine the players Thomas has been looking at wouldnt be on many points.

No they wouldn't be. There's no (immigration) points for potential. I still think though that Scotland is an untapped resource for football talent. The country is football daft, but it's almost as if its discouraged by the government and left to the likes of commercial enterprises to train them up. When you live in a cut throat league like us you can't put systems in place thinking 5/10 years down line. 

The problem with what the investors want to put in place is the competition on our door step. We have 3 cities with football clubs less than an hour away who can steal the best players when we spend time and develop talent. It's difficult. I hope I'm proven wrong obviously 

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

No they wouldn't be. There's no (immigration) points for potential. I still think though that Scotland is an untapped resource for football talent. The country is football daft, but it's almost as if its discouraged by the government and left to the likes of commercial enterprises to train them up. When you live in a cut throat league like us you can't put systems in place thinking 5/10 years down line. 

The problem with what the investors want to put in place is the competition on our door step. We have 3 cities with football clubs less than an hour away who can steal the best players when we spend time and develop talent. It's difficult. I hope I'm proven wrong obviously 

We even have players picking Raith Rovers over us at the moment- Kieron Bowie, Quinn Coulson and Dylan Tait. The Rovers have been doing very well bringing through and developing young players recently,something which will hopefully improve for us under the new German owners.

Hopefully the new training academy will let us attract better players and let us bring our own players through. A lot of kids travel through from the dunfermline area to play for Rangers,Celtic,Hearts and Hibs, hopefully with having our own academy we can get these kids to sign for us. 

We need to be patient with the Germans long term plan and wont start benefiting from it for another 10 years or so. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

We even have players picking Raith Rovers over us at the moment- Kieron Bowie, Quinn Coulson and Dylan Tait. The Rovers have been doing very well bringing through and developing young players recently,something which will hopefully improve for us under the new German owners.

Hopefully the new training academy will let us attract better players and let us bring our own players through. A lot of kids travel through from the dunfermline area to play for Rangers,Celtic,Hearts and Hibs, hopefully with having our own academy we can get these kids to sign for us. 

We need to be patient with the Germans long term plan and wont start benefiting from it for another 10 years or so. 

Heard about the players getting stolen thing.  Rovers have also made digs in their statements on that subject. In saying that when fife's elite academy is wound up with our own academy now(we put the most money in) where are they going to produce those players from?

1- we need to do better in bringing players through

2- **** Rovers 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Probably doesn't merit a thread of it's own so just going to tack it on here. One of our first team players will be handing in a transfer request on Monday due to what he feels is unfair treatment from the manager. All is still definitely not well behind the scenes. 

That's perhaps the biggest understatement you've made on here.  Still, our vice chairman is now fully focussed on being the main host and centre of attention in front of the Germans for the black and white ball so he can make himself look good.  Glad he has his priorities in order whilst everything else is turning to crap around him.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Probably doesn't merit a thread of it's own so just going to tack it on here. One of our first team players will be handing in a transfer request on Monday due to what he feels is unfair treatment from the manager. All is still definitely not well behind the scenes. 

Why wait till Monday surely be able to do it at anytime, I sent an email to the club tonight expecting nothing back.

13 minutes ago, SRBpar said:

Fair enough, any hints on the players or if grant is going to get the boot 

Just the one player as far as I'm aware. Sounds like broken promises from the manager which certainly isn't great. I've given up trying to guess when Grant is getting the boot. It does need to be sooner rather than later imo.

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Just the one player as far as I'm aware. Sounds like broken promises from the manager which certainly isn't great. I've given up trying to guess when Grant is getting the boot. It does need to be sooner rather than later imo.

Intrigued to know which player, the club stinks just now, I’ve no idea why he’s still in a job tbh, if I was performing as bad as he is in my job I would be shown the door. 

so much for a family run club the distance between the fans and clubs is miles apart and it’s sad to see.

• Upvote 1