New Manager

worldwiderab

4 minutes ago, Piracy said:

If we're talking in generic terms about managing players or indeed employees then in my experience chastising individuals by 'traditional means' isn't that effective in getting people to follow you. Effective leadership is many things and it isn't certainly weak because a Manager doesn't shout the odds. Anyway I'm sure Yogi Hughes isn't a ranting type, I actually think he'd be the opposite. 

Bullying can be done in other ways rather than a face to face rant

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

We have to remember it’s not Ross and his team but the German guys making the decisions now.

Think that's wrong. Ross and other Board members are still involved in decision making. Ross is only still there because he was asked to stay on due to the confidence placed in his tenureship at the club. However through time we'll naturally see the different influences come through. 

17 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm acutely aware of that, so we agree. 

Good stuff,  you're too quick and I couldn't expand on my first comment to say I agreed with your first point fully.   I don't agree on how you'd think yogi would be but we're both working with limited info.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

I know a player that has worked under Hughes and he’s not like he is on camera… some of these wee snowflakes need a boot up the erse where the timid ones need a wee cuddle… and told get out! Lol 

So you’d be happy with your laddie getting bawled at for having a poor game, misplacing a pass, missing a sitter, or shock horror, not trying? Of course you wouldn’t because it’s not how reasonable people behave and not what modern football is all about. Fergie didn’t even do that towards the end of his career.

I don’t think that is his entire M.O. either though. For me, there is usually a reason why managers can’t keep or get jobs. Reputations are usually well earned. If he was that good, he wouldn’t be out of work all the time. 

It’s also a pretty simplistic view of our issues to think it’s all because players aren’t trying or working hard enough or that being scary or shouting would fix it anyway. We’ve got good players, playing them to their strengths and getting them confident enough to be brave on the ball and try things whilst being solid in defence as a unit is what is required. Assuming them to be “snowflakes” rather simplifies our problems.

You’ve also twice now mentioned Robertson’s pals but don’t seem to have any evidence to back that up and you haven’t actually said what the issue might be with that.

What specifically would be the issue with him knowing people in the board and if he was that pally with them how’s he never been offered the job before?

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

It's going to be interesting to see if the new manager will be allowed to bring in his own coaching team, I think that was one of the reasons Grant got the job because he was willing to work with Shields and Whittaker.

Must be a new management team altogether. Keeping on assistants/coaches of a previous failed manager rarely works out,  need a fresh start 

• Upvote 1

I don't think Stevie Crawford's time in charge was a failure.  Had to get rid of a bunch of players with a poor attitude/work ethic and bring in his own team.  Got them challenging for the play-offs in the season that was cut short and got us into the play-offs in the one season he started and finished.  Did well in the League Cup - getting beaten in Extra Time at Parkhead and on penalties in the quarter final against St Johnstone.  

Not saying it was an unmitigated success by any means but it wasn't a failure either.

• Upvote 6