New Manager

worldwiderab

Just now, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I don't think Stevie Crawford's time in charge was a failure.  Had to get rid of a bunch of players with a poor attitude/work ethic and bring in his own team.  Got them challenging for the play-offs in the season that was cut short and got us into the play-offs in the one season he started and finished.  Did well in the League Cup - getting beaten in Extra Time at Parkhead and on penalties in the quarter final against St Johnstone.  

Not saying it was an unmitigated success by any means but it wasn't a failure either.

He done better than Grant but still not good enough, got beaten by Rovers in the playoffs and didnt win a Scottish cup game either- Raith Rovers,Stranraer and Morton.

That's why I'm not saying it was an unmitigated success.  He's also deserving of much more credit than simply saying he was better than a manager who didn't win a league game in 12 attempts and then got sacked.

The Rovers 5-1 game was the only real debacle I can think of.  The lack of a Scottish Cup run was disappointing as was the loss in the play-offs but, in truth, there wasn't much between the teams over the two legs.  The Pars definitely should have taken a lead into the game at Starks. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

He done better than Grant but still not good enough, got beaten by Rovers in the playoffs and didnt win a Scottish cup game either- Raith Rovers,Stranraer and Morton.

I'd say it's a tad unfair to include the Rover game. Aye, he didn't win, but were battered them even with 10 men, had Ashcroft sent off when it wasn't even a foul and still managed to control the game despite having Fais and Muirhead on the pitch then got hit with another two breakaways. 

I think this appointment is much more difficult than when Peter Grant was appointed. In the summer we had nearly all of a team that had qualified for the playoffs with weeks ahead to recruit new talent and coach a winning style. Fast forward a few months and confidence is rock bottom, the squad is lopsided and there are a lot of points to make up. 

The board have their work cut out and must learn from their mistake. Interview a range of candidates, consider previous success (and failure) and take advice from trusted contacts.

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I don't think Stevie Crawford's time in charge was a failure.  Had to get rid of a bunch of players with a poor attitude/work ethic and bring in his own team.  Got them challenging for the play-offs in the season that was cut short and got us into the play-offs in the one season he started and finished.  Did well in the League Cup - getting beaten in Extra Time at Parkhead and on penalties in the quarter final against St Johnstone.  

Not saying it was an unmitigated success by any means but it wasn't a failure either.

He made some good signings, some absolutely horrific ones too. The football was dire under Crawford and we rarely had a run of good results. Had plenty runs of defeats under him too. Even one of the players told me under him they were surprised he lasted as long as he did 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Didn’t even score a goal 🤣. The Stranraer game was an absolute shambles that was the day I thought his time was up

35 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

He made some good signings, some absolutely horrific ones too. The football was dire under Crawford and we rarely had a run of good results. Had plenty runs of defeats under him too. Even one of the players told me under him they were surprised he lasted as long as he did 

He had far too many loan signing last season aswell and his away record was shocking. 

He did have a good league cup record but an absolutely shocking Scottish Cup record.

We did have some good performances under him, the Hearts and Rovers at home spring to mind but some poor away ones. 

Arbroath away last season, Dick Campbell had him beat in the referees office before the game.

He took us as far as he could and was time for him to move on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I do think that's a fair assessment. Not spectacular, but fair. 

25 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Kevin Rutkiewicz meeting the board tomorrow according to someone on pie and bovril.

I was stood about ten yards from him up at Kelty on Saturday. My highlight was when his keeper spoke back to him and he angrily roared at him to STFU 😂😂

He was right in what he was saying to the keeper to prompt that response btw. 

It struck me because he’s known as being a fairly mild mannered, charismatic guy.

• Upvote 1