New Manager

worldwiderab

6 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It's going to be interesting to see if the new manager will be allowed to bring in his own coaching team, I think that was one of the reasons Grant got the job because he was willing to work with Shields and Whittaker.

While your opinion counts I think the new manager will determine his background team. His opinion counts more - whoever it is  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Superally said:

While your opinion counts I think the new manager will determine his background team. His opinion counts more - whoever it is  

Also, Whittaker and Shields weren't foisted upon him, he actually met with them both beforehand and made a decision. He already had the job at that point so what would have been the point of the meeting if he wasn't allowed a veto? It would be a bit daft to offer him the job then ask him to meet them, he decides for whatever reason, he doesn't like them then the club force him to work with them anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding Petrie, I’m led to believe from a  reliable source at Tannadice that he was interviewed for the recent vacancy there. This would certainly suggest he is open to the idea of full time football. United would obviously be able to offer a much more attractive contract than us and make it worth his while to leave his current roles. 

Hopefully we at least speak to Montrose and Petrie this time. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

If it was me I’d approach the candidates I thought would be suited to the role that may not have applied as well as interviewing the cream of the crop who put  in an official application. No idea what approach the club are taking on this though. 

Be rest assured if Petrie has been identified as a possible candidate for the Managers role then the club will speak to him. 

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

If it was me I’d approach the candidates I thought would be suited to the role that may not have applied as well as interviewing the cream of the crop who put  in an official application. No idea what approach the club are taking on this though. 

Do you need to still ask other clubs permission to speak to their current managers? Not sure if it illegal to tap someone up.

2 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Do you need to still ask other clubs permission to speak to their current managers? Not sure if it illegal to tap someone up.

It’s certainly not illegal. 

Officially I think you would have to ask the club’s permission first but there’s probably someone on here better placed to answer that as I’m not certain.