New Manager

worldwiderab

Just now, Digs said:

This means very little. The fact it's a rinky-dink bookie like them saying means it means even less. They were changing their odds when folk were putting £20 on someone. It absolute speculation. He's their favourite, no-one else's and it's designed to make money.

He was mentioned by Billy Braisby after the Hamilton game for getting a job at east end, this was assistaint to Lee McCulloch though not as manager.

43 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

That’s significant money down to change the prices so drastically. Grant was similar odds in the summer and he ended up getting it 

Prices were changing with folk sticking £20 bets on earlier in the week. It's a volatile and notoriously unpredictable market. They just replied to me "good luck to anyone putting £100 down on an internet rumour" which to me says someone has done that and you're right, or they are downright trolling everyone admitting they've done exactly as I've said they've done and based all of their odds on what was on internet forums and they haven't actually got a clue as to who is actually the real favourite.

I'm not a fan of Miller becoming manager. However a "robust" interview process should determine the club will interview individuals even though from a personal basis we wouldn't like them to - especially if the meet the criteria set by the club. I read in the gossip somewhere that Petrie has not been interviewed because he didn't apply and rightly so. If a candidate hasn't applied I would suspect their motivation to join the Pars however I do hope that isn't the case. 

17 minutes ago, Superally said:

I'm not a fan of Miller becoming manager. However a "robust" interview process should determine the club will interview individuals even though from a personal basis we wouldn't like them to - especially if the meet the criteria set by the club. I read in the gossip somewhere that Petrie has not been interviewed because he didn't apply and rightly so. If a candidate hasn't applied I would suspect their motivation to join the Pars however I do hope that isn't the case. 

One of the strangest things about Peter Grant’s appointment was that he didn’t apply for the job. Not applying for a job seems a funny way to go about getting a job.

I agree that several candidates should be interviewed and not all of them will seem attractive prospects. It would be good to understand what the board’s criteria are - not Peter Grant being first on the list.