New Manager

worldwiderab

3 hours ago, scottyboy said:

I would imagine the board would draw up a shortlist of maybe a top 5, after going through all the CVs. I wouldn't think it would be possible to interview 80 odd applicants. Then maybe it comes down to how much the new guy comes across at the interview. Who'd want to be on a football board?

If there are as many as 80 the best way to cut it down is divide the pile in half and throw one half straight in the bin, after all we would not want a manager that was unlucky.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I can't think of any reason why he should even be in contention for the job. Previous experience? 7 games at Livi, was it? 🤣😂🤣

I can’t think of any reason either GG...however the Peter Grant appointment was similarly baffling ☹️

I really do think they have to go for someone with years of experience. Someone with a handful of games or even a couple of seasons under their belt wont cut it. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a minimum of 5 or even 10 years experience, showing sustained progress year on year. He (she?) also needs to have the personality, confidence and evidence of having made an immediate impact on an underperforming squad. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I really do think they have to go for someone with years of experience. Someone with a handful of games or even a couple of seasons under their belt wont cut it. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a minimum of 5 or even 10 years experience, showing sustained progress year on year. He (she?) also needs to have the personality, confidence and evidence of having made an immediate impact on an underperforming squad. 

Agreed. 

I cannot comprehend why the board would even consider interviewing Miller let alone appointing him. If they have learned one thing from the PFG debacle then it is that the fans are extremely passionate (admittedly some idiots taking things too far) and there is a potential for a large upturn in support with the correct appointment which shows a bit thought and balance. We do not have the players, or time, for an untried manager with a 3-5-2 philosophy.

• Upvote 3

They need to follow through on their promise of a robust recruitment process. I think that they will, if they do not then it'll undermine an already fragile confidence in the board. A board which will be considerably weakened by Ross McArthurs departure. 

Kenny Miller isn't the calibre of Manager we need. Nothing against the guy, great player, but come on... we can do much, much better. 

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I agree, but a candidate with that sort of record may be beyond our means either financially or in terms of attraction to our club over other ones who are in a better place right now.

Just not Kenny Miller, please!

• Upvote 1

We need a manager with experience, not another coach like Crawford or Grant,a proper manager who's been around the block. Yes an experienced manager like Yogi Hughes did have a bad time at Raith but look at the jobs he did elsewhere.

I am worried that someone like Miller or Fotheringham might fit into the Germans philosophy,a young coach? That would relegate us.

I still want John Robertson as manager and think he would be a good appointment and the majority of fans would be happy with him

• Upvote 1