New Manager

worldwiderab

11 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

A number of ex players not mentioned from what I have seen, currently in and around management at varying levels.

Davie Irons

George O'Boyle

Craig Brewster

Andy Rhodes

Barry Nicholson

Istvan Kozma

Billy Davies

Another manager with a better win ratio than most not being mentioned is Paul Hartley at Cove.

Just a few new ideas to chew on!

Davie Irons - I'm sure he's a Policeman(?) so will be part time

Craig Brewster - Has his own coaching school which is doing very well, so again will likely be part time

Billy Davies - Turned his nose up at Premier League jobs up here because they were beneath 'his level' - so no chance, and no thanks.

All of that aside. I don't see the relevance in it being an ex-player, I just want the person best qualified for the job that needs done. I've said that for years when Celtic also seemed to be obsessed with their managers being 'Cellic-minded'. 

15 minutes ago, Digs said:

Craig Brewster - Has his own coaching school which is doing very well, so again will likely be part time

Billy Davies - Turned his nose up at Premier League jobs up here because they were beneath 'his level' - so no chance, and no thanks.

All of that aside. I don't see the relevance in it being an ex-player, I just want the person best qualified for the job that needs done. I've said that for years when Celtic also seemed to be obsessed with their managers being 'Cellic-minded'. 

Brewster is more than happy down here,  he wouldn't even consider it. 

36 minutes ago, Digs said:

Hence why I added Paul Hartley as currently very successful at Cove and even more so at Alloa with no club connections.