New Manager

worldwiderab

16 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’d take John Robertson in a heartbeat but last I heard he wasn’t interested in managing again. Was he touting himself about on the wireless today? 

He said something along the lines of “very happy with his job at ICT, wouldn’t rule out a return to the coal face but he’d need to be asked by a club first”.  The meaning I took from it was he’s possibly ready for a return to the hot seat but no club has approached him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

I’d take John Robertson in a heartbeat but last I heard he wasn’t interested in managing again. Was he touting himself about on the wireless today? 

No - but the fact that he’s active again is promising - I sat beside him 2 seasons back in hospitality and it was clear after his banter on the mics with Leish prior to the game he had a soft spot for us - lets dream on eh….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DougieDave said:

No - but the fact that he’s active again is promising - I sat beside him 2 seasons back in hospitality and it was clear after his banter on the mics with Leish prior to the game he had a soft spot for us - lets dream on eh….

Petrie or Robertson would both be tremendous appointments.  

I’ll join u in the dreaming DD.

• Upvote 2

The Managers position is untenable. It's not possible for him to remain. 

I've not been hardly this season, won't be back anytime soon either, self entitled or not, I don't actually give a **** anymore. 

The Board, no idea what's happening there. Do they know what's happening there? 

• Upvote 1

As the weeks go by, I am less interested by events on the field, but more concerned by those off it.

Everything that was put in place post-admin to safeguard the future of the Club seems to now be unravelling at a rather concerning rate.

The lack of sensible communication coming out of EEP is worrying.

It feels like the Club is imploding just now.

• Upvote 3

As someone who now works for a German owned company - in my short time here already - I have viewed how they operate and communicate with their staff, from both shop floor to office employees. It’s not ongoing or engaging in any sense of the words - it’s matter of fact, make points,  and, excuse the pun, black & white. 

Perhaps the club’s owners are not the same, as the original board members, in their transparent communication with the fans / engaging regularly etc. Perhaps they just work differently, and we’re all going about this as if they should be the same. 

I’m not suggesting excuses for the badly worded statement or the silence ~ just a different outlook for different people. 

Hopefully the Supporters Council Meeting will shed some light and provide some answers. 

• Upvote 2

It's almost like the new owners gave a remit to find someone fairly unpopular in the Scottish game, who would have little to no chance of winning the league with us, and would be so completely ignorant and arrogant, that the abuse online and in the media would be like water off a ducks back..

PG was one of these players that I used to dislike immensely - was pretty underwhelmed that he got the job, but cannot believe how badly it's gone.

The longer this goes on, the more fans will find other things to do on a Saturday - I used to be a die-hard...now I'm just not that interested anymore.  My worry is that the hardcore that is left is now reducing and there won't be a new generation of fans coming through.

Guys that I used to go to games with as a teenager, had progressed to taking their kids to the games - COVID stopped that, but the current debacle means that they are not going back either.

Apathy towards the Club is becoming a real issue now imo, as much as the anger towards the BoD/owners

Just now, Paradox said:

I'm not actually convinced it's gonna happen any time soon - dunno why.  I just don't trust what is going on behind the scenes now.  We have gone from years of careful stewardship by Ross and co, to this - an absolute sh!tshow, where the Club is becoming a parody of itself...something just doesn't add up for me.

He's gone.  Statement just posted.