New Manager

worldwiderab

7 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Do you need to still ask other clubs permission to speak to their current managers? Not sure if it illegal to tap someone up.

My understanding is it is against the rules to approach another club’s manager without their permission. There’s a good reason for this as it stops unscrupulous clubs unsettling other clubs managers.

26 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

We haven't made an approach to Montrose to speak to Petrie and he hasn't applied either at the moment.

Which, if it's the case, only goes to prove that the bookies/sports pages take all of their info from internet forums and each other and as such should be taken with more than a pinch of salt. They were reporting the other day about how he was one of the front runners.

41 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

Feels like a massive oversight if we haven’t even asked to speak to him/gauged his interest.

Only if you don't know what the scope of their recruitment plan is. We don't know what the reason for that is, but if he's not applied, is he even interested given he has allegedly interviewed for a FT position before at Dundee Utd? That's the point, I don't think we can be critical of a process by making assumptions.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Only if you don't know what the scope of their recruitment plan is. We don't know what the reason for that is, but if he's not applied, is he even interested given he has allegedly interviewed for a FT position before at Dundee Utd? That's the point, I don't think we can be critical of a process by making assumptions.

True and ultimately it’s just a rumour on a forum. For me though he ticks a lot of the boxes and we should at least sound him out.

I think it would be a mistake to not even approach him tbh. Maybe he has be sounded out off the record. However, there's a large number of fans that want him. I would want us to confirm he doesn't want to go full time officially so it kills the petrie chat for good otherwise folk will talk about him. Its been a distraction for ages now. You can easily say that you approached a number of candidates and he ruled himself out

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Kenny miller was 14/1 on Tuesday for the job, now he’s clear 6/5 favourite…..

This means very little. The fact it's a rinky-dink bookie like them saying means it means even less. They were changing their odds when folk were putting £20 on someone. It absolute speculation. He's their favourite, no-one else's and it's designed to make money.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Digs said:

This means very little. The fact it's a rinky-dink bookie like them saying means it means even less. They were changing their odds when folk were putting £20 on someone. It absolute speculation. He's their favourite, no-one else's and it's designed to make money.

That’s significant money down to change the prices so drastically. Grant was similar odds in the summer and he ended up getting it