New Manager

worldwiderab

Kenny Miller would be a decent appointment for a Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers manager. Got to start your apprenticeship of that job, then work up through success. Levein and a load of managers started that way. We can get better than him.

Edited by scottyboy
Barry Ferguson has more experience and I don't (want) see his name mentioned

20 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Robertson quoted as saying we haven’t approached Inverness. 

I'm convinced he's our man. I've sat and drank with the guy, he's a fitbaw man through and through. Honest and hard working. Loves the fan aspect. Telling you, he's our man. 

• Upvote 1

My heart sank when I saw these posts on daft.net. Londonparsfan stands out as a very sensible poster.

I was at his book launch at Tynecastle tonight and was speaking to someone I was at school who works behind the scenes and he was saying the German's have their own view and Robbo isn't really in the running. No indication as to who that might be but save your pennies at the bookies would be my advice.

To be honest I don't know who we are going to get but I've got my mate tonight that says there's been no approach for Robertson and another one who thinks we spoke to him on Monday!

The guy I spoke to tonight works for Hearts and I think might be more dialled in than the one who thinks we spoke to him on Monday. The one thing I can say for sure as it came from the horses mouth was that he was hugely appreciative of the support he's had from the ICT board so as the OP says any approach would have to be respectful to ICT if one was to materialise.

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

My heart sank when I saw these posts on daft.net. Londonparsfan stands out as a very sensible poster.

I was at his book launch at Tynecastle tonight and was speaking to someone I was at school who works behind the scenes and he was saying the German's have their own view and Robbo isn't really in the running. No indication as to who that might be but save your pennies at the bookies would be my advice.

To be honest I don't know who we are going to get but I've got my mate tonight that says there's been no approach for Robertson and another one who thinks we spoke to him on Monday!

The guy I spoke to tonight works for Hearts and I think might be more dialled in than the one who thinks we spoke to him on Monday. The one thing I can say for sure as it came from the horses mouth was that he was hugely appreciative of the support he's had from the ICT board so as the OP says any approach would have to be respectful to ICT if one was to materialise.

It's right we would respect ICTs position, morally and legally, however it shouldn't stop us. I think Robertson is exactly the type of guy we should be doing everything to go and get (if interested in applying).

Derek McInnes is another (if interested in applying). I know it's about money etc but we really need to step our ambition up a level now. New board with new investment, youth academy, training complex, probable new salaried CEO, a lot of good that all that is if we keep hiring unproven guys (almost waiting and hoping they'll get it right). A proven guy with a good track record will increase our chances of getting it right. 

It's obvious Ross McArthur was looking to hand over the reins, specifically since bringing the new board members into the fold. He was clear in saying that without any new investment and experience we'd most probably stagnate or go backwards in terms of development as a club. They'd basically ran out of initiative and also willpower in relation to continually keep handing over their own cash to keep us afloat. The situation had run its course.

It's time for these new board members to step it up a gear. Time to lay out those plans and ambitions out in public to the fans. I believe they're busy planning, but let us see it, let us hear it. They can start by getting us a decent calibre of Manager. Not Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch etc, a guy who knows the job. 

We're actually an attractive proposition with bags loads of potential. I believe our time is coming, it's just round the corner. 

• Upvote 4