Board statement

Fifes Elite

For a number of reasons I haven't been on this forum much in recent months. But with the events of the last few days I read through the relevant threads on here, to try to get a sense of what people were thinking.

In all honesty it was a breath of fresh air - the vast majority of posts were well considered and respectful of different views, and the moderation was spot on.

For the first time since we came out of administration I am genuinely concerned about the short-term future of the club, especially if Ross decides he has had enough, but longer term I am convinced there are enough good people around to see us through.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Stanza said:

For a number of reasons I haven't been on this forum much in recent months. But with the events of the last few days I read through the relevant threads on here, to try to get a sense of what people were thinking.

In all honesty it was a breath of fresh air - the vast majority of posts were well considered and respectful of different views, and the moderation was spot on.

For the first time since we came out of administration I am genuinely concerned about the short-term future of the club, especially if Ross decides he has had enough, but longer term I am convinced there are enough good people around to see us through.

Welcome back Stanza, you're not the only one concerned. Regarding the absolute hounding that Ross is getting, I am very much in the camp of be careful what you wish for in regards to those demanding his head. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Stanza said:

Great to see you and your voice of reason back Stanza, fortunately we have a lot of sensible balanced heads in here - we do however all have a common sense of concern at the moment…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stanza said:

Ross is the glue. He always was given he brought different factions together after admin and moulded a functioning collective looking after the club. The German consortium coming onboard should have been the final piece in the jigsaw, almost his legacy. But the situation has deteriorated way quicker than any of us realised it could.

Peter Grant is almost incidental now. I think Ross will go. Honestly, if he does, watch the sh*t-show aftermath. I don't think there's enough quality individuals to pull us out of this hole either. Time for those guys that Ross brought in to stand up and be counted. But how efficient can they be from afar? They'll need a trustworthy and capable individual to run things for them on their absence, and might an annual salary they initially bargained. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stanza said:

Ditto for me, Stanza. I posted this on dotnet this morning as a plea to the more hysterical fans in our support, who just don't get the seriousness of the club's predicament.

"

This whole sordid, unsavoury episode has affected me even more than I originally thought. I woke up in the wee small hours and couldn`t get back to sleep, playing events over and over in my mind. Is this what we`ve come to? A lynch mob mentality in Dunfermline?

Ross McArthur is not the richest Chairman in DA`s history, but he`s certainly the most hardworking. Anyone who thinks he just arrives at EEP, a couple of hours before the game and swans about with fellow directors in the Boardroom, before taking his place in the Directors Box, couldn`t be any wider of the mark. He has put in countless hours of unpaid time, in his tireless efforts to rebuild the Pars as a focal point of the local community, following our near fatal collapse in 2013.

Elsewhere on this thread, fans have expressed a concern that our German investors may be so scunnered by these attacks that they might withdraw their support. That would be a sad day for the Pars, but if Ross decided he`d had enough of the abuse from his fellow Pars fans, it would be an unmitigated disaster for the club we all claim to love....."

And this:-

"I can categorically confirm that the entire statement was written after the attacks. It's a safe bet that the BoD - including our German friends, of course - were less than impressed by the unacceptable behaviour of a small number of (presumably Pars) fans."

And this:-

"

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 8 Oct 11:36

I`d prefer they man-up, contact the club to apologies in person and ask if there is something positive they can do to help the club.

As we know, we always need volunteers to help out with things, so there`s no doubt something that the perpetrator could offer which could be of benefit. It doesn`t need to be publicised either.

I`m sure neither the guilty party/parties nor Ross want a lynch mob or to bring this further into the public eye.

That's very magnanimous of you, DA-go. I have to assume you're not aware of the gravity of the attacks? I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if those responsible were to contact the club, apologise and offer to make some kind of restitution, by means of voluntary work, the Chairman and BoD might decide not to press charges, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those responsible will probably have convinced themselves that their attacks were perfectly justified, on the grounds that the BoD are persisting with the manager, even though we sit at the bottom of the Championship."

9 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

To be fair, my reading from the situation was based on reports on here that Ross hadn't wanted any specifics about abuse he'd received out in the open.

I figured that, even thought it now was in the public domain, he probably didn't want to draw too much more attention to the incident(s).

I don't think Ross wanted details released. So I think you're correct. 

3 minutes ago, Andycarp said:

It won't happen but if no fans turned up at the next home game then they will get the message. It is the only way to show them that the fans matter.

I've stayed away, it's bloody hard 😂

But I agree, it is the only way, or at least for me. Not personally interested in protests etc, unless it becomes worse and becomes really drastic. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

That's very magnanimous of you, DA-go. I have to assume you're not aware of the gravity of the attacks? I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if those responsible were to contact the club, apologise and offer to make some kind of restitution, by means of voluntary work, the Chairman and BoD might decide not to press charges, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Those responsible will probably have convinced themselves that their attacks were perfectly justified, on the grounds that the BoD are persisting with the manager, even though we sit at the bottom of the Championship."

I think whoever done this should now be pretty worried about their actions given the angry backlash of the last 2 days. I know what I think of them. Regardless of how sorry they might turn out to be (doubt it) it would probably only be because they'd been caught. They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near our club ever again, never ever. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I think whoever done this should now be pretty worried about their actions given the angry backlash last of the last 2 days. I

I hope they’re absolutely bricking it. Was an absolutely vile thing to do and to do it to a man with so many loyal friends was likely a big mistake. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

To be fair, my reading from the situation was based on reports on here that Ross hadn't wanted any specifics about abuse he'd received out in the open.

I figured that, even thought it now was in the public domain, he probably didn't want to draw too much more attention to the incident(s).

I haven't seen any specifics, either on here or dotnet, so I assume you're referring to other SM platforms? It would be quite wrong to discuss anything which may become the subject of a police investigation. 

25 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

"Peter Grant is almost incidental now. I think Ross will go."

just pulling that out cause its the last time he is mentioned i think, i wonder what Grant thinks of what is happening and has happened the last few days.

I thought the same. If it was me (and I’m not saying this should go for him) I would feel really guilty about how far this has gone because ultimately, if my team is winning football matches, none of this even happens. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I haven't seen any specifics, either on here or dotnet, so I assume you're referring to other SM platforms? It would be quite wrong to discuss anything which may become the subject of a police investigation. 

Read back the posts. It's all there. You get the truth on here. 

• Like 1