Board statement

Fifes Elite

I think the board should issue a statement today apologising for yesterday's clumsy statement.  They should acknowledge that tensions are high, results are not what are expected and reach out to us all to get behind the team during the next few games as, regardless of who is in the dugout, the only way we get out of this predicament is by winning games.  They should convey how important the fans are and state that the only way we can achieve our long-term aims is by us all pulling in the same direction.

Then they should announce Sliema Par as the new Communications Director.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I think the board should issue a statement today apologising for yesterday's clumsy statement.  They should acknowledge that tensions are high, results are not what are expected and reach out to us all to get behind the team during the next few games as, regardless of who is in the dugout, the only way we get out of this predicament is by winning games.  They should convey how important the fans are and state that the only way we can achieve our long-term aims is by us all pulling in the same direction.

Then they should announce Sliema Par as the new Communications Director.

AE5CD68B-CC91-420E-BA70-6C8ACA2F6F28.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I’ll admit I’m having real difficulty about yesterday’s statement on several levels, I was reluctant to post in the heat of moment and thought a period of reflection may allow me to have a more pragmatic view. I do think ultimately Grant will be gone but I think he will be there until the beginning of December. I wonder if the board are fearful of making the same mistake and lets be truthful there is no real consensus on who the next manager could be. A longer space will allow the new board time to evaluate what is a difficult decision and perhaps consider potential candidates.

We need to attract a quality manager who will galvanise the team and the fans - no easy task but in attracting the right manager we also must be seen as an attractive club where they feel supported and given time to turn the club around. Security is vital – no decent Manager will be taking on a post if they think they are going to be sacked a few weeks down the road. The league is bust, even with a new manager I can’t see now us making a top 4 play off and can only hope for a mid-table spot. Continuing with Grant relegation and division 1 play off is a realistic possibility. Supporters rightly have expectations we should be doing much better but we better get used to it because this is going to be a tough season. Hopefully a new manager coming in towards the end of the year will enable them to “refresh” the team in the Jan window. Wouldn’t bet on any loans though, we are too toxic for that atm.

I can understand fans expressing their dissatisfaction and cancelling their lifeline etc, but I will continue to go to games and support the team. I have been Par for many years and remember well the grim years in the 70/80’s. I attended then and will continue to do so and won’t be walking away. Unfortunately the problems we are facing now is becoming more than the manager

The statement was a shocker, I can’t believe having read statements from Ross before that he was fully behind that. The board have made some bad decisions but the abuse I have heard from some individuals towards some board members has gone past dissatisfaction to the vindictive. It’s not perfect but largely they are going a decent job for nowt. To bring someone in if they left will cost the club money we can’t afford. I can understand folk are unhappy I’m not happy myself and fans are entitled to be heard but as Dougie Dave would say we don’t need to be “arseholes”.

• Upvote 8

Just to note.

Usually when Ross McArthur releases a statement he always leaves his name at the bottom of the statement. This statement didn't have his name below it. So I'm not sure he actually put that together or released it himself. In fact he may not even been supportive of it. 

As for abuse of a vitriolic nature, it maybe that some may have been subjected to some horrible stuff in relation to this whole situation. This isn't right, it's a fitbaw club ffs

• Upvote 11

Just now, scottyboy said:

Read the statement again. It definitely Meggle, talking about working on the defensive and offensive tactics, regarding winning games and not losing goals. Can't surely be telling PG how to set up the team, or is he?

The last bit, he says on behalf of the board about the abuse.

I thought that about Meggle advising Grant how to set out his team. The buck stops with Grant on team tactics and selection. 

On abuse. Hypothetically: imagine if Ross McArthur walks away if he'd recieved unnecessary vitriolic abuse and that was how his time on the board ended. I don't give a f*ck what anyone says, he'd be more deserving of better treatment. I'm really uneasy about some of the trash talk being banded about on social media. All for fans speaking up, but not nasty stuff, not at all. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Read the statement again. It definitely Meggle, talking about working on the defensive and offensive tactics, regarding winning games and not losing goals. Can't surely be telling PG how to set up the team, or is he?

The last bit, he says on behalf of the board about the abuse.

Several times within that statement, Meggle refers to himself as 'I', rather than indicating a team approach ('we' or 'us')...surely a coach is there to do just that?  And a Sporting Director/Director of Football does all the other stuff in the background to allow the head coach to concentrate directly on team matters, as far as I know?  If this is the case, then Grant is being made to look a fool imo

• Downvote 1