Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Would it be such a bad thing to bring him back? Make him apologise to the club, staff and fans and give him a deal to end of the season? He’d comfortably improve us at the back 

Disagree Kelty-Par, he showed utter contempt for the club and the fans regardless of Peter Grant being the manager. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Signs for falkirk

Good signing for them. He's better than League 1. It's a shame he messed up here. He could have formed a solid partnership with Mark Connolly. I've been told his poor relationship with PG was the reason he went AWOL. That doesn't wash with me. The manager doesn't pay the players wages. What he did was totally unprofessional. He's lucky to get another club and as Keyser says, there's absolutely no chance he'll ever be back at EEP as a Pars player. 

• Upvote 4

He was always going to get another club, players have done a lot worse.

The manager doesn’t pay the wages,  but they are who the players interact with.  A player is far more likely to join or leave a club based on the manager than the club as a whole.  Despite the cliched big team stuff we hear every time someone signs.

• Upvote 1

Can’t help but feel there’s more to this story than we currently know.

I’m not defending Watsons actions with us, it was completely unprofessional and him leaving was the right call.

Pre this episode thought he came across as the ultimate professional, he talked well, performed on the park reasonably well, sure he was our captain if I recall.

He doesn’t seem the player to just up sticks and decide to go on a jolly, for a player to even consider doing that there was surely something really rotting in the club at the time and does evidence how bad PG lost it.

Like I say not defending him but that course of action stemmed from something considerably bad happening within the club I would think.

On 28/01/2022 at 18:29, Berry said:

Can’t help but feel there’s more to this story than we currently know.

I’m not defending Watsons actions with us, it was completely unprofessional and him leaving was the right call.

Pre this episode thought he came across as the ultimate professional, he talked well, performed on the park reasonably well, sure he was our captain if I recall.

He doesn’t seem the player to just up sticks and decide to go on a jolly, for a player to even consider doing that there was surely something really rotting in the club at the time and does evidence how bad PG lost it.

Like I say not defending him but that course of action stemmed from something considerably bad happening within the club I would think.

I don't think that really matters, you can't just do what you want letting your team mates down, telling lies and breach your contract. I know you're not defending him but there is no other way to look at this. He was 100% in the wrong, no matter the circumstances.

Was it just a lapse in judgement due to his situation? Possibly, but it's about a big a lapse as any professional player could make. 

32 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Interestingly a number of current players knew what Watson was up to. How do we feel about the lack of respect those players showed to the club by not informing someone of his plans? Or is not being a grass more important? Discuss. 

Not been a grass is more important, unless it's a serious crime.