Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

1 minute ago, kelty_par said:

Who in their right mind would take on Grant as a a manager? Sacked nearly everywhere he’s been either it be coach or manager

All I said is he'll get a job. Obviously he will somewhere. Might not be directly in managing or coaching football clubs. 

The thing for our club is he's moved on and we have a capable replacement in big Yogi. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

All I said is he'll get a job. Obviously he will somewhere. Might not be directly in managing or coaching football clubs. 

The thing for our club is he's moved on and we have a capable replacement in big Yogi. 

Agreed I’m just glad we have yogi in now, a manager with a good track record and looking forward to him building his own team

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I was speaking to someone who works for the club on Saturday and he confirmed Watson was on a stag doo and he also said that when the elgin cup game was called off it wasn't because of covid,it was because the club didn't want to pay for two buses up to Elgin.

If that’s true the club would be in a lot of trouble if the SPFL became aware of that. Frankly I’d be amazed if that move was sanctioned. Surely nonsense? 

41 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

If that’s true the club would be in a lot of trouble if the SPFL became aware of that. Frankly I’d be amazed if that move was sanctioned. Surely nonsense? 

Why the need for 2 busses? As far as I’m aware Mo takes the kit to every away game in that heap of a transit van he has?

I might add that Clubs have to provide detailed evidence to the SPFL as to who is ill in the circumstances of a call-off. 

Would our Chairman, who is on the SPFL Board sanction such a ludicrous idea.?

At the time, the Club were looking for a morale boosting win, and it was a considerable blow that the game did not proceed.

Its a bad joke, and I am forced to wonder about the motivation behind this from the employee. 

Edited by The Roy Barry Fan Club
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I was speaking to someone who works for the club on Saturday and he confirmed Watson was on a stag doo and he also said that when the elgin cup game was called off it wasn't because of covid,it was because the club didn't want to pay for two buses up to Elgin.

I'd respectfully suggest your contact maybe speaking codswallop, so in reality he hasn't confirmed anything in actuality. No offence. 

Not wanting to pay for 2 buses is surely bollocks. I've ran 2 buses to games and we could afford it (Lizzie). No way can any credence be linked with this story. 

Might be an idea for Peter Grant to shut his pus though. No idea why this situation had to be dragged up so soon. 

Why even post stuff like this on a public forum?

It makes us look an utter shambles for starters.

Secondly something like this getting passed to the SPFL/ SFA can get us in to a whole load of investigations, questions and potential punishments.

We were relegated due to copping a point deduction due to scurrilous rumours appearing  on a forum????????

Really some folk need to think before posting this sort of stuff!

13 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

Why even post stuff like this on a public forum?

It makes us look an utter shambles for starters.

Secondly something like this getting passed to the SPFL/ SFA can get us in to a whole load of investigations, questions and potential punishments.

We were relegated due to copping a point deduction due to scurrilous rumours appearing  on a forum????????

Really some folk need to think before posting this sort of stuff!

Putting far to much credence into stuff posted on an Internet forum. If it’s nonsense (which imo it must be) it’s hardly going to be difficult for the club to prove. It’s an Internet forum about a football club. Of course rumours are going to be discussed. Censoring forum users because you don’t agree with what they’re saying is a very dangerous road to go down. In fact, that very behaviour came very close to killing the club. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Piracy said:

That's fair enough Keyser. 

My personal opinion is that not paying for 2 buses, and risking fines etc is a load of old fish wife talk. 

However, I still say Peter Grant would be better off shutting his pus after his stint at our gaff. Getting a job and quietly working to make it a success would probably be more beneficial to him 

I would absolutely agree. It almost has to be complete nonsense. The point I was attempting to make is, imo, the best way to deal with that is to argue to the contrary rather than suggest censorship. Rumours such as the Elgin one will always find a way out and surely the best approach is to tackle them head on? If they’re not discussed here they’ll be discussed elsewhere.

• Upvote 2