Lifeline Legends Wall

GG Riva

The Lifeline`s legends wall, outside the players entrance to the Norrie, has a total of 17 former players on display:-

Ian Westwater
Willie Callaghan
John Lunn
Norrie McCathie
Andrius Skerla
Roy Barry
Hamish French
Stevie Crawford
Charlie Dickson
Stewart Petrie
John Watson
Alex Edwards
Andy Tod
Ron Mailer
Bert Paton and
Jim Leishman*

Istvan Kozma

A fellow fan asked me why Alex Smith`s picture didn`t feature in the display. Since Alex is my favourite player of all time, I suggested it must be an oversight but would make enquiries on his (and my own) behalf. I spoke to a member of the Lifeline Committee before the game on Sat. He explained that because of the limited space on the wall, the Committee was unable to display as many players as it would have liked to, so they chose a selection from different eras in the club`s history. He also added that these players have been on display for 3 or 4 years now and the Committee would be open to the idea of a rotation and replacing some of the pictures with new ones.

I see this as an opportunity for us to put forward some suggestions as to which players might be included next time round. Here are mine:-

Jock Stein
Eddie Connachan
Alex Smith
Willie Cunningham
Geordie Peebles
Jackie Sinclair
Hugh Robertson
Jim Fraser
Craig Brewster
Barry Nicholson

I limited myself to 10 players. Please add your own favourites to this thread.

*I noticed that Big Leish`s pic has been damaged by some idiot. Looks like someone has aimed a kick at it.

Edited by GG Riva
  • Upvote 1

I'd struggle to name 10 Legends that haven't been mentioned already as I think it's an overused term generally speaking but @Nippert666 has to be up there, he was the only player to have received a testimonial other than Norrie in my time watching the Pars (George Cowie aside but his was due to injury). 

Craig Robertson (who I wasn't actually a particular fan of when he played) should also be there or thereabouts for how he took over the captaincy after Norrie died and led the team to the title in his honour. That task shouldn't ever be understated or forgotten.

I'm going to controversial here. 

First it's Scott Thomson should be there, no questions asked given his service to the club. 

Regarding Kozma, I'm saying he was an average player for us most of the games he played. He was a talented individual no doubt but from what I can mind he was not consistent. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Digs said:

I'd struggle to name 10 Legends that haven't been mentioned already as I think it's an overused term generally speaking but @Nippert666 has to be up there, he was the only player to have received a testimonial other than Norrie in my time watching the Pars (George Cowie aside but his was due to injury). 

Craig Robertson (who I wasn't actually a particular fan of when he played) should also be there or thereabouts for how he took over the captaincy after Norrie died and led the team to the title in his honour. That task shouldn't ever be understated or forgotten.

Andy Tod also received a testimonial.