Your favourite Pars XI

Deutsch Par

Not necessarily best as this is subjective but who would be in your favourite Pars XI and how would they line up?  Mine would be 

Westwater

McNamara Skerla McCathie Fleming

Moore Paul Smith Nicholson Kozma

Watson Jack

Loads of players unlucky to miss out, Fleming just ahead of Sharp at left back, would have loved to have found a place for Petrie and Den Bieman but they are edged out.  As outstanding as the partnership of Crawford and Brewster was I can't not have Ross Jack and John Watson up front.  Craig Robertson may have made midfield before we signed Nicholson because of the 1995/96 season but again is edged out.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westwater

Shields      Tod      McCathie        Fleming

Petrie      Robertson     French       Moore

Crawford       Brewster

Andy Smith is unlucky to miss out, but the pairing of Crawford and Brewster were just too good. Skerla was a better player than Andy Tod, but Tod is a Pars legend

From players i can remember my best XI would be:

Westwater

Skerla   Thomson   Tod

Nicholson  Ferguson   Mason    Hammill

Brewster   Crawford  

I'm not sure what to make of that team, i couldn't for the life of me remember any left backs or wide players apart from Hammill....

tough tough choices Westy will always be a legend for 95/96 but ability wise i think Dorus is the best i have seen in my time going to east end. Add in Bullen as well as he would be the ultimate utility player and couldnt say where his best position was he stood out in so many.

Dorus

Skerla Tod Norrie

Nicholson Ferguson french moore

Petrie Brewster Crawford

FFS.... How do you edit a post? I can't any options on my phone. 

I'll add Sol to the team. He'll play CDM though because i still can't think of any good full backs we've had since early 2000's. All of the recent ones that were 'good' were good at a lower level than when i started watching the team. 

ETA- i can see the edit option at the bottom of this post but not my previous one.. 

Archived