Auld photo of EEP

scottyboy

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I always mind my maw saying, I better no catch you playing on the railway tracks, or climbing up pylons. Never said nowt about scaling the walls into EEP. 😆 Pic from Dunfermline Remembered site.

IMG_20240702_212502.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 02/07/2024 at 21:29, scottyboy said:

I always mind my maw saying, I better no catch you playing on the railway tracks, or climbing up pylons. Never said nowt about scaling the walls into EEP. 😆 Pic from Dunfermline Remembered site.

IMG_20240702_212502.jpg

See the food kiosk at the top right in the photo, just behind there was a wee gap in the fence that you could go through for a little while, allegedly.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Main stand in need of a jet wash. Can spot the Paragon Club to the right. My first memory of being inside it, was under the influence of magic mushrooms. I felt a little bit out of place . 😆 Anybody got fond memories of the venue? I found it a strange club 

FB_IMG_1721814027891.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That's a great pic @scottyboy - I liked when the stand had those slightly different shades on the front, more character than the whole thing being just a single block of colour like now.

Do you know when that was? I'm wondering if it was a big televised game as those grey trucks might be outside broadcast vehicles (and IIRC the cameras usually went in the main stand then, not above the north stand as now.)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Main stand in need of a jet wash. Can spot the Paragon Club to the right. My first memory of being inside it, was under the influence of magic mushrooms. I felt a little bit out of place . 😆 Anybody got fond memories of the venue? I found it a strange club 

FB_IMG_1721814027891.jpg

I mean, you would find it strange if you were off your tits on mushies 🤷‍♂️🤣

I was a member as soon as I turned 18. I'd been going since I was wee when my dad and his pal would go in for pints and me and the rest of the kids were dumped in the cloak roam with a coke and some crisps (where the top of the stiars into Legends are nowadays) with periodic top ups. I'm sitting looking at memorobilia from there in my office as I type this.

My auntie and uncle ran it for over 30 years, and the club made a huge mistake kicking the Paragon out thinking they could do it better. It went from being a bar that was open 5 nights a week with their own sports teams to only open on match days and for a long time losing a fortune. They had no idea how to actually run a bar and thought it was easy. They quickly found it, that it really wasn't...

• Upvote 2

On 02/07/2024 at 21:29, scottyboy said:

Never said nowt about scaling the walls into EEP. 😆

Looking at the photo I’m not sure that would have been a good idea! Appears that there’s quite a lot of broken glass cemented into the top of the wall to discourage scallywags like you!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I'd been going since I was wee when my dad and his pal would go in for pints and me and the rest of the kids were dumped in the cloak roam with a coke and some crisps (where the top of the stiars into Legends are nowadays) with periodic top ups. 

Yep, me too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

I mean, you would find it strange if you were off your tits on mushies 🤷‍♂️🤣

I was a member as soon as I turned 18. I'd been going since I was wee when my dad and his pal would go in for pints and me and the rest of the kids were dumped in the cloak roam with a coke and some crisps (where the top of the stiars into Legends are nowadays) with periodic top ups. I'm sitting looking at memorobilia from there in my office as I type this.

My auntie and uncle ran it for over 30 years, and the club made a huge mistake kicking the Paragon out thinking they could do it better. It went from being a bar that was open 5 nights a week with their own sports teams to only open on match days and for a long time losing a fortune. They had no idea how to actually run a bar and thought it was easy. They quickly found it, that it really wasn't...

Beware of folk thinking they can do better running businesses than those who have done so for decades.  Unfortunately in the pub business, so many make that mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 24/07/2024 at 10:54, scottyboy said:

FB_IMG_1721814027891.jpg

Best memories from the Paragon would be Denis Law standing behind the bar talking to me and once walking into the place with identical twins, one on each arm and loads of people staring at me, well not me as they were stunningly beautiful it was probably them they were looking at.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, worldwiderab said:

Best memories from the Paragon would be Denis Law standing behind the bar talking to me and once walking into the place with identical twins, one on each arm and loads of people staring at me, well not me as they were stunningly beautiful it was probably them they were looking at.

Did you hit the shrooms too? 😂