POLL - Who would you choose as the next Pars manager?

SanguinePar

Who would you choose as the next Pars manager?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose as the next Pars manager?

• John Robertson
    • Stewart Petrie
    • Mark Fotheringham
    • Kevin Rutkiewicz
    • John Hughes
    • Kenny Miller
    • Neil McCann
    • Thomas Meggle
    • Greg Shields
    • Steven Whittaker
    • Someone else

• The topic was pinned

I want Stewart Petrie in the role personally.  First off, he might get some breathing space from our notoriously fickle fans if he has a poor start. 

Of course appointing him would be a risk but so was appointing Jock Stein, Jim Leishman, and Jim McIntyre with no managerial experience and they all won trophies. Bert Paton's best managerial successess were as Alex Totten's no2 before he got the manager position here. 

Although I wouldn't be too disappointed with John Robertson if he is interested. 

• Upvote 1

John Robertson for me,he done a great job at Inverness on a very tight budget. 

I am not sure if John wants to be a manager again yet, he is enjoying his role as sporting director and he is also a director at the Orion Group.

He must be interested in the job though if he went for an interview if this Graham Hunter is accurate.

I always rated John and always thought he would make the step up, Dundee were interested in him before and I would be delighted if we got him.

I voted for Robertson as I feel he's got a level of experience to make a fundemental improvement to our current situation. However does he want the job?, that would be the main issue. 

I'd also take Petrie in a heartbeat. He'd be welcomed by almost every Pars fan surely. He's currently doing a fine job at Montrose. But like Robertson, does he want the job?, It's well documented about him having a good job external to football. 

Yogi Hughes might be a viable option if only to get us moving for the rest of this season, but I wouldn't be too sure about his ability to progress us beyond this season. I don't think he'll get the job. 

Went with Robbo in the end who did a great job at ICT 

Other possibles for me 

McInness: Would love him but he would be too much of a premium, but I do think he would be attracted to a club that had potential

McIntyre: Has more experience did very well with us but was shafted by the previous board. I think he could do well 2nd time around

McCann: Apart from Dundee he did brilliantly with ICT last season in turning them around

Petrie: All his experience is a lower level and with part time clubs that isn't what we need atm. If we were in a stronger position then yes  but we dont have the time. Mind you look at what Tam Court has done with Dundee Utd!

Yogi: To easy to underestimate, he will know what's needed and what to do but his tenure with Raith discourages me

Rusty: Similar to Petrie I feel, but has done incredibly well at Stirling. we would need the club to be in a stronger position to take the chance

McCall: Knows this club inside and out and the league. Huge experience at this level. I think he is desperate to have a crack at the SPL and heading to EEP for a 3rd time could give him that platform. However the compensation to Partick would probably kill it

• Upvote 1

If we are prepared to write this season off, well it has happened I suppose,  I would like to see our so called German connection bring in a guy with fresh ideas, fresh playing style. Different training, diet and fitness regimes.   lets not get bogged down with the same old same old they know the league merry go round  etc etc. Get new blood in continental blood there has to be a fit for us out there known to our new owners . Give him time  tho 

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned