Pars v Morton

Superally

Nothing short of crucial we get the right manager in, hopefully for the ICT game next week. Really hate the thought of the sea side league next season, which is looming ominously if we do not improve dramatically. 
Placing Grant in charge with the signings he made has been disastrous, although he’s left we are left with his players. Mehmet on a 2 year deal being the worst of the lot 

• Upvote 3

Until yesterday, I didn't really believe we could go down. I reasoned that Peter Grant would either turn things around or eventually be sacked. I was sure our squad was good enough to finish above the sides immediately above us. 

Now Grant has gone, if he was the problem, I expected us to get a result against Morton at home. On yesterday's showing, it's obvious to me that confidence is rock bottom and that some players don't appear to be good enough for the battle ahead. 

Like others, I was incredulous when Thomas was subbed. He can be inconsistent, but he was our best player yesterday. Shields and Whittaker may have had their reasons - I'd love to hear them.

The new manager coming in will have his work cut out. Hopefully our owners will make some money available in January to bolster the squad, otherwise it's going to be a long hard season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

New Manager brings in his own coaching set up hopefully. Get rid of Shields etc

We're in a right mess now and it's really time to roll up the sleeves, pull together as a fanbase and do everything we can to help us survive in this league. 

This is why it is critical that the new manager is someone the whole support can rally behind. The board cannot afford to make another controversial appointment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Until yesterday, I didn't really believe we could go down. I reasoned that Peter Grant would either turn things around or eventually be sacked. I was sure our squad was good enough to finish above the sides immediately above us. 

Now Grant has gone, if he was the problem, I expected us to get a result against Morton at home. On yesterday's showing, it's obvious to me that confidence is rock bottom and that some players don't appear to be good enough for the battle ahead. 

Like others, I was incredulous when Thomas was subbed. He can be inconsistent, but he was our best player yesterday. Shields and Whittaker may have had their reasons - I'd love to hear them.

The new manager coming in will have his work cut out. Hopefully our owners will make some money available in January to bolster the squad, otherwise it's going to be a long hard season.

I'd imagine it was Meggle's decision to bring Dom off. Could be wrong. But to me it's looking more like Meggle is the reason we are in this mess. Who knows. 

• Upvote 2

If they're doing a rigorous recruitment process for a new guy, then I suppose they'll have to interview as many candidates as possible. Maybe they have identified who they want, but are making sure they haven't missed out on talking to another option. Needs announced for the next game, as we needing someone in place soon. Anybody know Dicks number?

Edited by scottyboy
But if they have interviewed KM, then surely you'd want them to at least ask Dick if he would be interested.

3 hours ago, Parzionale said:

I'd imagine it was Meggle's decision to bring Dom off. Could be wrong. But to me it's looking more like Meggle is the reason we are in this mess. Who knows. 

It's a worry of mine,  and is why a strong character such as robbo holds a bit more appeal right now,  someone who is going to come in and take full authority over first team affairs. 

• Upvote 1