Pars v Morton

Superally

There is the opportunity of the Jan window to make a few changes to the squad however I suspect there wont be the clearout that most expect and players will require compensation if they are to be released from their contracts. Adding real quality in the Jan window will be difficult but the new manager will have time to properly evaluate the squad before then. Replacing Connolly who will go back to Utd is an absolute priority. Hopefully there will be announcement early this week.  

20 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I find myself in agreement with you, which is a damning indictment of how quickly and how far our expectations have fallen. ☹

20 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I find myself in agreement with you, which is a damning indictment of how quickly and how far our expectations have fallen. ☹

Interestingly enough I predicted an 8th place finish before a ball had been kicked. My knowledge is second to none though tbf. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Wonder if meggle and co have recovered from the Saturday sesh at the old inn to get the finger out and get on with getting a new manager in ASAP

They can drink in Raffles for all I care, as long as they're taking care of business in a proffessional manner. The jury is obviously out just now. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Piracy said:

They can drink in Raffles for all I care, as long as they're taking care of business in a proffessional manner. The jury is obviously out just now. 

Hope so too, the fact the miller rumour was going around before the Hamilton game coming from board members, gives me the fear that he actually might get the job 

5 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Hope so too, the fact the miller rumour was going around before the Hamilton game coming from board members, gives me the fear that he actually might get the job 

Miller rumour concerns me too. It'd be a definite backward step for the club. Need an experienced manager. 

The silence is deafening just now from the club. Hopefully hear something constructive this week. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

I honestly can't see how anyone on the BoD could find any justification for hiring Miller, given his almost non existent previous experience in management. 7 games is arguably worse than no experience at all. It hints at issues which should concern any prospective employer.

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I honestly can't see how anyone on the BoD could find any justification for hiring Miller, given his almost non existent previous experience in management. 7 games is arguably worse than no experience at all. It hints at issues which should concern any prospective employer.

Maybe the appointment will be a complete shock and not someone who has been touted by the bookmakers so far…

2 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Indeed, If the appointment of Grant was seen as being underwhelming. Millar's appointment would be an absolute bloodbath in comparison. I have not heard or seen  anyone who would be supportive of it. Perhaps sometime in the future, but atm it's NO  

3 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Maybe the appointment will be a complete shock and not someone who has been touted by the bookmakers so far…

I hear Mixu has made an appearance in the McBookie list!