Ross Mcarthur steps down

Keyser Soze

17 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Good news that we will have stability until the end of the season. Poor show that the actions of a few have led to him leaving the role though.

I'd imagine he will opt for a clean break for the sake of his family, but it would be brilliant if he stayed on as a director and let others take any flak in future, allowing him to contribute in a less visible role. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Good news that we will have stability until the end of the season. Poor show that the actions of a few have led to him leaving the role though.

To be fair, he's wanted to stand down for a while and and only took the position on reluctantly in the first place so he was persuaded to stay, he said as much when the new investors came on board.

21 minutes ago, Honk said:

Typical Ross putting the club before his own personal situation. He should have walked weeks ago. The actions of a few have disgraced our club. 

I’m really pleased he’s staying on to see the season out at least.  This way it feels much more suiting to the respectful way he has conducted himself as chairman and allows a proper handover.   

I think we are fortunate that he is staying on until the end of the season tbh.

I hope the moron(s) responsible for the shameful acts against Ross are proud of themselves.

They are certainly not Dunfermline supporters in my eyes, nor do they speak or act on my behalf.

Ross is a top guy, and we are very fortunate to have had him at the helm.

• Upvote 3

This announcement reads as though he is the only stepping down due to the personal abuse and attacks. If this is a true reflection then it is absolutely outrageous. Rather than our chairman resigning those responsible should be identified, banned from the club and, where appropriate, prosecuted.

As I’m writing I realised that this should be happening anyway, where he stays or resigns.

It makes a sad end to what has generally been a successful tenure.