Ross Mcarthur steps down

Keyser Soze

I meant in general since the news came out about the spitting and his tyres being slashed. I just saw that and it proves the point. Some people just can't help themselves. 

16 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Was it this one? Some of them wont realise the work Ross did behind the scenes for the club.

Screenshot_20211103-132800_Samsung Internet.jpg

Didn’t see this coming. Flabbergasted.

Comments elsewhere on social media are reprehensible. 99% of Pars fans know what a monumental figure this man is. He absolutely is a Pars legend. When it boils down to it we would be cheering on Parsco at some artificial pitch in Rosyth if it wasn’t for RM. There were things I disagreed with during his reign but you always knew they were coming from the right place. 

To those scumbags who crossed the line, the grass isn’t always greener. 

• Upvote 2

A real shame that McArthur's gone, he made some very questionable decisions at times but overall was a massive force of good for the club, I don't know how it would have turned out if he hadn't been the one driving forward Pars United back in the admin days.

For the future as well, it means less money for the playing budget as assumedly we'll now be taking on a paid CEO instead of McArthur as a volunteer.

Worst part is that I bet the folk who spat on him, verbally abused him and slashed his tyres all feel pretty proud of themselves right now.

I can't see this coming out as a net positive for the club.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

I think we are fortunate that he is staying on until the end of the season tbh.

I hope the moron(s) responsible for the shameful acts against Ross are proud of themselves.

They are certainly not Dunfermline supporters in my eyes, nor do they speak or act on my behalf.

Ross is a top guy, and we are very fortunate to have had him at the helm.

Well said, agree 100%. F**k those cretins that have driven a good man out of the club he loves and has given so much for.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I didnt realise until this season how many idiots we have in our support. The three separate attacks on Ross, someone shouting for a pars player to break Turners leg and sick songs in the pub before QOS away,which led to the boys of our bus having to move pub. 

I always knew we had idiots in our support tbh. Some folk are always in raging mode and you hear them all the time at games. We also seem to always have at least1 boo boy player too(there's a heap this year for obvious reasons). No manager has ever not received abuse, even Calderwood got it when we were challenging for 3rd in the SPL and Paton was getting it when we were bottom of the premiership after what he achieved. Look at the way potter was treated with someone approaching him giving him stick when he was dropping off his kids at school for example.

Didn't know about the songs at Queens?

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Fifes Elite said:

I always knew we had idiots in our support tbh. Some folk are always in raging mode and you hear them all the time at games. We also seem to always have at least1 boo boy player too(there's a heap this year for obvious reasons). No manager has ever not received abuse, even Calderwood got it when we were challenging for 3rd in the SPL and Paton was getting it when we were bottom of the premiership after what he achieved. Look at the way potter was treated with someone approaching him giving him stick when he was dropping off his kids at school for example.

Didn't know about the songs at Queens?

Was a small minority at queens but we didnt feel comfortable listening to it so we went to the pubs across the road.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Didn’t see this coming. Flabbergasted.

Comments elsewhere on social media are reprehensible. 99% of Pars fans know what a monumental figure this man is. He absolutely is a Pars legend. When it boils down to it we would be cheering on Parsco at some artificial pitch in Rosyth if it wasn’t for RM. There were things I disagreed with during his reign but you always knew they were coming from the right place. 

To those scumbags who crossed the line, the grass isn’t always greener. 

We often describe players and the occasional manager as "legends" but it's definitely not cool to describe a director as a Pars legend but that's exactly what Ross McArthur is. 

• Upvote 3