Ross Mcarthur steps down

Keyser Soze

28 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Peter Grant is responsible for the bad results.  He's in no way responsible for the abuse of Ross McArthur or the vandalism of his property. That's solely on the shoulders of the perpetrators.

My understanding is that Grant is an enthusiastic guy who loves football. I've no doubt he has plenty of dignity but also plenty of self-belief. I think he believes he can turn this around and doesn't want to walk from a job having not won a league game.

It’s not self-belief he has, it’s outright arrogance.

48 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I'm not privy to PG's contract details, but I'd bet my house that he wouldn't be due any compensation if he resigned. 

Setting aside the totally unsatisfactory results and performances in the league, how many of us in his shoes would turn our back on a compensation package because we are highly principled? He then goes home and tries to explain it to his wife and kids.

Maybe he could afford it, maybe not. Jose Mourinho must be a multimillionaire by now. I don't think he's resigned from any club he's managed. Just saying.

I think when he walked away from Norwich he missed out on a 1 million pound payout and will still be regretting it.

Grant's definitely not quitting,not just because of his payout but he also believes he can turn this around.

I've not seen anything to suggest that Grant is particularly arrogant either.  

He wouldn't have been my choice of manager, and obviously that's not changed, but I've no problem with his character or personality.  I just don't think he will get us out of this mess and turn us into contenders. 

He's the Pars manager though, so I hope I am completely wrong.  That's why I'll never get my head round the "I'm not going back until he's sacked" brigade.  It was the same with Crawford.  Fair enough to criticise but to declare you're not going back on some point of principle is ridiculous.  What happens if we do start playing well?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

We don't know that, or certainly I don't.  

30 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I've not seen anything to suggest that Grant is particularly arrogant either.  

You guys serious?  every single interview he gives his arrogance shines though,  the guy thinks he's far better than what he is.    Right from him declaring his CV would blow everyone else away.  He's a jumped up f***y and needs to be kicked out the club ASAP.

I'll grant you that the whole CV statement smacked of over-confidence and does so now.  Aside from that, I don't think he's particularly arrogant.  He's definitely put an overly positive spin on some of the performances post-match, but he's not the first manager to do that.

I really think some folk get, rightly, p***ed off about the results and performances and use that as license to say what they want about someone's character - and it's largely without any evidence.  

He's currently a bad football manager.  On this thread alone, he's now been a knob and a f***y - and this is by far the better Pars site for having a reasoned debate.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You guys serious?  every single interview he gives his arrogance shines though,  the guy thinks he's far better than what he is.    Right from him declaring his CV would blow everyone else away.  He's a jumped up f***y and needs to be kicked out the club ASAP.

First thing is, Grant's a guy doing a job. He's not doing too well and needs to move on rapid. I believe he will.

I’m not calling him a f***y cos we’re just playing badly, I’m calling him that cos it’s how he comes across. 

We’ve had people I don’t like be successful with us, people I like be successful ,   People I like be unsuccessful and people like grant who are neither a good at their job or have a decent personality.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’m not calling him a f***y cos we’re just playing badly, I’m calling him that cos it’s how he comes across. 

We’ve had people I don’t like be successful with us, people I like be successful ,   People I like be unsuccessful and people like grant who are neither a good at their job or have a decent personality.

Just say you dislike him. It's easier 😂

Personally speaking I think he's been niave in a few of his responses post match. Blaming players etc rather than being a bit more diplomatic. Players won't respond well to that. He should keep that in-house imo

For me he's out his depth and he looks a bedraggled figure coming off the pitch last couple of matches. I genuinely think he's going in the next few matches, and he needs to as it's been a poor appointment. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Just say you dislike him. It's easier 😂

Personally speaking I think he's been niave in a few of his responses post match. Blaming players etc rather than being a bit more diplomatic. Players won't respond well to that. He should keep that in-house imo

For me he's out his depth and he looks a bedraggled figure coming off the pitch last couple of matches. I genuinely think he's going in the next few matches, and he needs to as it's been a poor appointment. 

Piracy nails it for me,  he looks a broken man,  and that can only manifest to the dressing room.  As  much as I don't want anyone to loose their main income I think P.G. has been winging it and is out his depth.  Looking more and more like he has no man management skills either 

• Upvote 1

I remember a couple of years ago, we were playing QOS and it was torrential rain,the police told us not to travel. Our bus still went down and we were the only 15 away fans at the game. On the Monday Ross got in contact with us and offered to pay the £150 to us for travelling down,we took the cheque of him and we gave it back to him to put towards the youth team. I will never forget that.

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I remember a couple of years ago, we were playing QOS and it was torrential rain,the police told us not to travel. Our bus still went down and we were the only 15 away fans at the game. On the Monday Ross got in contact with us and offered to pay the £150 to us for travelling down,we took the cheque of him and we gave it back to him to put towards the youth team. I will never forget that.

Good that stories like this get out. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

So he’s off at the end of the season to be replaced with a CEO. Will be announced tomorrow. I’m sure everyone will agree that we were incredibly lucky to have a man of that calibre at the helm. Will be a difficult man to replace that’s for sure. 

That's how I see it.

Whatever happens from here on in at this club Ross McArthur has left a real  legacy, which is saving this club. Make no mistake he was the catalyst, orchestrator, organiser, driver, inspiration and the cement that made sure we never tipped over the abyss. 

Glad he's staying on. 

• Upvote 11