Ross Mcarthur steps down

Keyser Soze

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

I always knew we had idiots in our support tbh. Some folk are always in raging mode and you hear them all the time at games. We also seem to always have at least1 boo boy player too(there's a heap this year for obvious reasons). No manager has ever not received abuse, even Calderwood got it when we were challenging for 3rd in the SPL and Paton was getting it when we were bottom of the premiership after what he achieved. Look at the way potter was treated with someone approaching him giving him stick when he was dropping off his kids at school for example.

Didn't know about the songs at Queens?

I've been saying this for the last 20 years. It's no new thing though. I came across a picture of an article from the 30's, might have been from a programme or the Dunfermline Press, with the Pars manager of the time pleading for the fans to support the team and lay off the booing. 

Just now, Digs said:

I've been saying this for the last 20 years. It's no new thing though. I came across a picture of an article from the 30's, might have been from a programme or the Dunfermline Press, with the Pars manager of the time pleading for the fans to support the team and lay off the booing. 

Sure I have seen that before.  Pretty certain it was in a programme. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradox said:

I

They are certainly not Dunfermline supporters in my eyes, 

11 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

Disappointed but not surprised that Ross McArthur has decided to step down from the DAFC board. I say, without hyperbole, that without that man there would be no Dunfermline Athletic Football Club. 

Some Pars "fans" really are ungrateful so and sos.

I don’t wish to derail the thread but comments like this aren’t helpful imo. The hard truth is these guys are Pars fans and they do follow the club round the country. Implying that they somehow aren’t fans of the club feels like deflecting the issue elsewhere to me.

Were the lads boxing on the terraces in the 80s not ‘real fans’? What about the current mob who travelled up to a freezing Arbroath to follow a side who hadn’t won all season? Where the forty ‘CSS’ who headed up there not ‘real fans’? What about someone who was arrested for invading the pitch with a banner? Is he a ‘real fan’? Where do we draw the line? Jaywalking ok? 

We have a lot of utter bams in our support and we can’t hide behind the not a real fan excuse every time someone does something we don’t like. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 4

Ross McArthur's time will obviously have come to an end at some point. So end of the season it is. 

I'm sorry to see him go. I've every respect for everything he's done. I don't think it's possible to actually quantify it all being honest. 

Hopefully the new board members will give the fans some good information about our plans for the future very soon. Hopefully they'll engage soon as well through the Supporters Council. Give Ross a chance to leave with our future outlined so fans gain confidence that they're picking up from where Ross would like to have left it. A transparent stable club with realistic ambitions. 

Thanks and good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deutsche Par said:

Disappointed but not surprised that Ross McArthur has decided to step down from the DAFC board. I say, without hyperbole, that without that man there would be no Dunfermline Athletic Football Club. 

Some Pars "fans" really are ungrateful so and sos.

We might be a phoenix club in the Lowland League. ☹

57 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Wonder who the new Chairman will be now then? 

It'll be a hired proffessional CEO probably. To be honest I don't think there's any of the current board either wanting and for some not capable, not regarding filling Ross McArthur shoes. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

I know that Ross won't want a fuss made over him stepping down because it is the type of guy he is but would there be any merit of the forum giving him something as a token of appreciation for everything he has done for the club? 

I really like that idea. What if we bought him a season ticket for next season - a symbolic way of saying to him that he's back to being a fan again, he's still one of us, and he's very welcome. It also puts money into the club, which he would like, I think.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

I know that Ross won't want a fuss made over him stepping down because it is the type of guy he is but would there be any merit of the forum giving him something as a token of appreciation for everything he has done for the club? 

I think it's a good idea to acknowledge his tenureship in some way. He will not want a fuss made. I believe he's a private person and very family orientated. He'll just want to slide out the way and get his life back. 

Just add, f*ck those always who persecuted him. His time should not have been cut short because of these cretins. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

I’m getting a feeling Ross is tying things up from his tenure just now.

In quick succession we’ve had the supporters council,  the formal announcement of the training ground,  formal announcement of the academy starting up and now an article explaining why he has chosen to step down.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Cook introduced in the next wee while.

• Upvote 1

On 24/11/2021 at 23:45, Deutsche Par said:

On 25/11/2021 at 13:27, SanguinePar said:

I really like that idea. What if we bought him a season ticket for next season - a symbolic way of saying to him that he's back to being a fan again, he's still one of us, and he's very welcome. It also puts money into the club, which he would like, I think.

Storming idea, Happy to pitch in with £20 from me

• Upvote 1