Ross Mcarthur steps down

Keyser Soze

7 hours ago, Piracy said:

It is a great idea, but maybe think we should stretch to a statue (serious) 

A statue is a nice idea, but it takes a lot of time and doesn't always meet everyone's approval. How about a prominently placed and nicely worded metal plaque from Pars fans honouring his contribution to the club? Count me in for 50 quid either way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, KnebworthPar said:

Would be nice to show Ross our appreciation on some way.  I very much like the idea of getting him a season ticket. Count me in.

Initially, I thought this would be a good idea, but Ross might be a bit embarrassed by such a gesture as it's normally the kind that someone who's not very well off might really appreciate. Now I'm thinking that something more long lasting would be more appropriate. 

A statue is probably a bit grand and as Oz said, might not meet with universal approval. A campaign to have him inducted into the Hall of Fame or a part of the stadium named after him, (NW Stand?) would be more apt, imo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Initially, I thought this would be a good idea. 

So did I, bit like yourself I had also had pointed out "it's a good idea to acknowledge his tenureship in some way. He will not want a fuss made. I believe he's a private person and very family orientated. He'll just want to slide out the way and get his life back" 

I wasn't really serious about a statue, but that's what I think of him. It's a reasonable discussion though. I think the training academy will be part of his legacy, maybe incorporate his name into it all somewhere. 

25 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I do wonder about starting a campaign to get the training ground named McArthur Park. It needs to be called something. 

It should be ready to open just as Ross is standing down as Chairman.

Thoughts?

Great Idea- as long as someone leaves the cake out in the rain 😀

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

I do wonder about starting a campaign to get the training ground named McArthur Park. It needs to be called something. 

Thoughts?

McArthur Park? I like that, but was it not a song by the Small Faces? 🙂

"What did you do there? We got high..."

• Upvote 1

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh no!

Who's Donna Summer G G ? I canny keep up with all the new singers  

1 hour ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Thoughts?

Back on topic without all the nonsense - I think that is a splendid Idea and Ross could perhaps open it as his final chairmans duty - I like that 

• Upvote 1