ICT v Pars

Superally

Well its and other week, another fixture that we must endure. 14 games without a win with a resigned feeling that we are heading towards a 15 game winless stretch. When Saturday comes the faithful head north to face ICT. Inverness are strong favourites to take something from this season, sitting 2nd in the table with 25pts a heady 18pts ahead of the Pars. The form guide suggests a slight tailing off for ICT only collecting 6pts in their last 5 games from a win, 3 draws and a defeat. The Pars form guide over the same period honestly reflects our standing as being the worst in the league with 3pts - all draws and our last two outings being defeats conceding 7 goals. Its almost impossible to give a positive Pars slant for this fixture than say our last meeting at EEP was a 0-0 draw. To get a similar result might honestly feel like a win. In the absence of a manager, Shields and Whitaker remain at the helm “assisted” by Meggle who will be doing post match interviews in the Old Inn later that evening. Confidence seems to be low in the playing squad at the moment and that is pretty much the same for the supporters – we all need a lift – I just don’t see it this weekend. However we live in hope. COYP

That's as downbeat an OP as I've ever read from you, S'Ally, but you have every reason to feel despondent. There is zero possibility that a new manager will be appointed this week, but I'm optimistic he'll be in the dugout v Ayr, so our first league win will probably have to wait until then. Auld farts like me can remember season 70/71, in the old First Division, when we had to wait until December for our first win. We had signed Joe McBride from Hibs days earlier and he lifted the team to a 4-1 win v Airdrie. A second consecutive home game v Ayr the following week brought a 5-0 win and we began to believe we could escape the drop. We did, albeit on goal average.

As for Saturday's game, logically we should lose it but "Football's a f@nny old game" as the late, great Jimmy Greaves liked to say. If we get the first goal, I think we might just pull off a shock, especially if any prospective new manager is in the stand. 

• Upvote 1