ICT v Pars

Superally

21 hours ago, parsforlife said:

As things stand we could get the first 5 goals and my thoughts go to wondering how we'll blow that lead.

ICT were top and we were bottom when we played them at EEP. You'd have been hard pressed to know who was who if you were watching as a foreign tourist. 

Really can’t see anything but a ICT win. If the team sets up like last weekend then it could be embarrassing. 
I’m sure ICT will be reminded of their brutal display at EEP and be a very different team on Saturday. 
Playing 1 up top will not get us a draw as we played at home against Morton and lost 3-1😩

4-4-2 and I know folk have slated Dow but play him on the right at the start taking on players. 
Fek this football negatively that the players are getting told to play week in/out. It’s not worked so we need to start off attacking on Saturday. 

13 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Really can’t see anything but a ICT win. If the team sets up like last weekend then it could be embarrassing. 
I’m sure ICT will be reminded of their brutal display at EEP and be a very different team on Saturday. 
Playing 1 up top will not get us a draw as we played at home against Morton and lost 3-1😩

4-4-2 and I know folk have slated Dow but play him on the right at the start taking on players. 
Fek this football negatively that the players are getting told to play week in/out. It’s not worked so we need to start off attacking on Saturday. 

I like Dow and thought last year the difference in the team without him in it was clear to see. 

However, he has been as poor as anyone lately and I can’t work out what he’s got to do to get subbed. He’s not a wide player and he’s never been capable of taking players on either as he’s a wide midfielder, not a winger. He only works well in that position when we have a good option in the overlap, ie like Comrie last year, but we have no-one except Josh at the minute willing to get by his midfielder in front of him. 

Im pretty sure they’re not being set up to play negatively as the formation doesn’t back that up. We’re not playing one up, it’s a 1-1 with one playing off the other and we did that for pretty much the whole of last season and scored goals. The difference is confidence, ie we don’t have any so no-one wants to play forward, or take a chance for fear of making a mistake.

The coach or manager no matter who they are can only give so much confidence, the rest has to come from the players on the park. 

That is our problem at the moment. 

Tomorrow's match has been overshadowed by the new manager's appointment and I wonder if there is any chance of an early new manager bounce. The game v ICT at East End is one of the few league games this season that we could've won, with 2 good chances going begging late on. ICT's form isn't great, though obviously still better than ours. There will need to be at least one change to the team with Kai Kennedy away with the U-21s, I'd like to see Ian Wilson coming into the starting line up for an extra man in midfield with Dow and Thomas in the wide areas. I'm not convinced that O'Hara can play by himself upfront, so I'd swap him out for Todorov.

• Upvote 1