ICT v Pars

Superally

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Dow rolled another ball onto the pitch(while he was warming up) as the ICT ‘keeper was taking a goal kick. Deserves a medal. 

The highlights may prove me wrong, but I thought that the booking was for picking up the ball before it crossed the line for a goal kick.

The only other time I witnessed that was Shaun Dennis for Hibs at EEP.

3 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

The highlights may prove me wrong, but I thought that the booking was for picking up the ball before it crossed the line for a goal kick.

I’m just going by what my mate who was at the game told me when I asked.

Edit: I’ve just read a post from someone on P&B who has posted similar. Wonder if it’ll make it on to the highlights to clear it up?  

Edited by Keyser Soze

You can only imagine how much negativity PG brought into the team when he was in charge. Just a thought that Shields and Whittaker just had to play along with that but now under Hughes will thrive under his being positive and work hard in training etc. 

I really hope they get in tune with Hughes and the whole team take note what is expected and up the league we go!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Wasn't that Wiilie Miller?  Ball was heading towards the enclosure at the front of the main stand but not yet out and he caught it two handed, getting a second booking. 

27 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

Wasn't that Wiilie Miller?  Ball was heading towards the enclosure at the front of the main stand but not yet out and he caught it two handed, getting a second booking. 

I always had that in my head it was against Dundee Utd for some reason. In front of the Main Stand at the Cowden End of the ground? 

3 hours ago, Deutsche Par said:

You are probably right about the player, the rest of the description is exactly how I remember it. 

12 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I always had that in my head it was against Dundee Utd for some reason. In front of the Main Stand at the Cowden End of the ground? 

No, towards the home terracing (wasn't yet the Norrie) just beyond the dugouts. 

Found the footage. 

I was mistaken.  It was towards the Cowden end.  My memory always had it in front of the Scotform barrier for some reason. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/11/2021 at 07:11, GG Riva said:

As for Saturday's game, logically we should lose it but "Football's a f@nny old game" as the late, great Jimmy Greaves liked to say. If we get the first goal, I think we might just pull off a shock, especially if any prospective new manager is in the stand. 

Well, we didn't get the first goal but still won, but Jimmy Greaves was spot on, yet again. I think most of us would have been happy enough with a draw, so an unexpected win was positively ecstatic. 

Just keeping feet on the ground but this was the first away win in 12 months so Grant was only responsible for a small part of that. Something has been wrong for a long time and so easy to blame managers. They do have to be responsible for a lot and carry the can. I just hope that Hughes can overcome and sort the issues. A great start and long may it continue.

• Upvote 1