Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

Our season started last week with a new manager and 3pts from the first away game in over a year. And a 3pt home win brings the distinct possibility of climbing from the bottom to 6th. The thought is incredible that it’s taken 15weeks to record our first win and we can look ahead with a degree of confidence against Ayr Utd of taking a second win on the trot. Such a convincing belief is not unfounded. The Honest Men were humped 0-4 in their own patch last weekend to Partick, where the Pars after a miserable opening stint pulled back from a goal down against title challengers ICT. Ayr's form guide over the past 5 games indicates no wins and only two draws losing their last 3games. It is the worst in the league atm. The Pars who were worst last week, have two draws and a win giving them 5pts. Not the worst but now equaling 7th in the form guide. However we should be cautious as Ayr humped us at Somerset on our last outing 3-1 with Toderov scoring our single goal. I’m optimistic that The Pars form will continue and I’ll settle for a 2-1 Pars win. COYP

Ayr are absolutely rotten. I know they pumped us when we last met but they’re seriously bad. 
We’ve got quite a kind next 3 league fixtures with Aye, Accies & QOTS. 9 points from 9 would be absolutely massive for us. Wouldn’t take us into promotion playoff contention but all going well would solidify us in mid-table and have us away from the bottom

• Upvote 2

It's obvious from some of the posts on this thread, that the bar of expectations has been raised considerably, after last week's welcome win in Inverness. 

It's logical to think we can beat Ayr at home, if we can beat ICT away. If only football was that logical. A week earlier we were comprehensively beaten by the 2nd bottom team at home. See what I mean?

I'll take any kind of win, but I won't be rushing to put serious money on it.