Pars v Ayr Utd

Superally

28 minutes ago, Al k said:

Great result, what difference a month makes. 

Or a week, even. 🙂

I can't believe some folk are talking down the game and saying Ayr were rubbish. I thought that was the most enjoyable game I've seen this season. The Pars played some scintillating stuff at times and Ayr played their part. They were unlucky on a few occasions and might have had a penalty and a couple of goals. 4-2 to the Pars would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Good performance today. The team are working a lot harder as a unit. 
That team Yogi put out today imo was the players that probably worked the hardest in training… as he says he looks at the players arriving and can tell who is going to work hard…. 2 big CB is a must from now on. Dow playing up top did well… 

Onwards and upwards….COYP! 

If only we’d have gotten rid of Grant several weeks before we did…

A really good performance today against a pitiful Ayr side. 

Lots of players played to the level they should which was nice to see again. 
I think we all knew this team was capable but just needed the right man to show them the way

• Upvote 1

Fantastic today, Ayr are a limited side but so are a lot of teams in this division including ourselves at times.   We had them chasing shadows for the full 2nd half, the entire team  deserve a lot of credit.

Delighted for McCann,  hope he uses this platform to kick on.

Edited by parsforlife

13 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Or a week, even. 🙂

I can't believe some folk are talking down the game and saying Ayr were rubbish.

This has to be a wind up? I’m genuinely not exaggerating when I say that’s the worst performance I’ve seen from an opposition side in many a year. I’ll concede I was 10 mins late getting in so if they played like prime Barcelona for that spell then they may only have been in the top 2 worst sides I’ve seen. 

Edited by Keyser Soze

First game I have been at since we drew with Hamilton in September. Much improved performance and as most have said absolutely delighted for McCann, well done.

It was a genuine pleasure to watch the game and first time in a long while I have left EEP facing a long journey south in a good mood. 

6 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

This has to be a wind up? I’m genuinely not exaggerating when I say that’s the worst performance I’ve seen from an opposition side in many a year. I’ll concede I was 10 mins late getting in so if they played like prime Barcelona for that spell then they may only have been in the top 2 worst sides I’ve seen. 

Not a wind up, mate. I'll explain my reasoning. We definitely got the rub of the green, yesterday, opening the scoring from a corner which was clearly a goal kick to Ayr. They were then denied a very strong penalty claim. I didn't think there was a lot between the sides in the first half and fon Williams made a couple of smart saves. At 2-0 down they lost a bit of belief and chucked it at 3-0, which is understandable. 

I thought they looked a better side than Morton a couple of weeks ago, yet they beat us after going behind. Shows how necessary it was to change our manager for one who can cut it.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I thought they looked a better side than Morton a couple of weeks ago, yet they beat us after going behind.

I thought Morton looked streets ahead compared with what we faced yesterday. Ayr were absolutely atrocious, I thought, much worse than Morton IMO, and definitely the worst team I've seen this season (including us at our worst).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Not a wind up, mate. I'll explain my reasoning. We definitely got the rub of the green, yesterday, opening the scoring from a corner which was clearly a goal kick to Ayr. They were then denied a very strong penalty claim. I didn't think there was a lot between the sides in the first half and fon Williams made a couple of smart saves. At 2-0 down they lost a bit of belief and chucked it at 3-0, which is understandable. 

I thought they looked a better side than Morton a couple of weeks ago, yet they beat us after going behind. Shows how necessary it was to change our manager for one who can cut it.

I don't remember any competent penalty claim,  afolabi took a hopefully tumble with the ball going out of play, is that was you are talking about?

Agree it should have been an ayr goal kick for our first,  but we had two cleared off the line from corners,  It was one of many areas where we completely dominated them.  

Not a fan at all about talking about luck in football, 99% of the time what is called luck is within control of the players.   You mention saves,  fon williams saving a couple of shots is nothing at all to do with luck,  its him doing better than the shot taker.