Willie Callaghan

rosythpar

Willie was part of the 1967 Scotland tour of Israel,Hong Kong,Australia,New Zealand and Candada. The SFA has now recognised five of the nine games on the tour as full internationals, Willie now has six caps and Alex Ferguson four.

My Grandad used to work beside Willie's wife in the dockyard and she brought in his Scotland caps to show him.

Edited by rosythpar
  • Upvote 4

On 19/11/2021 at 10:30, rosythpar said:

Willie was part of the 1967 Scotland tour of Israel,Hong Kong,Australia,New Zealand and Candada. The SFA has now recognised five of the nine games on the tour as full internationals, Willie now has six caps and Alex Ferguson four.

My Grandad used to work beside Willie's wife in the dockyard and she brought in his Scotland caps to show him.

I spoke to Willie before the game today and told him I'd read about him having 6 caps now and he said it was news to him. I put it to him that if he'd played for Rangers or Celtic he'd have won far more than his solitary cap and he replied that he only wanted to be capped as a Pars player and wasn't interested in playing for the Glasgow clubs.

• Upvote 5

On 20/11/2021 at 20:10, GG Riva said:

I spoke to Willie before the game today and told him I'd read about him having 6 caps now and he said it was news to him. I put it to him that if he'd played for Rangers or Celtic he'd have won far more than his solitary cap and he replied that he only wanted to be capped as a Pars player and wasn't interested in playing for the Glasgow clubs.

Does that mean that no one told him officially about getting his caps? That's mental.

10 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Does that mean that no one told him officially about getting his caps? That's mental.

It's hard to come to any other conclusion, SP. I think Rosyth Par should bring his evidence to the next home game and present it to Willie himself. He can be found in the Former Players area, behind the Directors Box, before the game. 

• 1 month later...