FT Walking Down The Halbeath Rd

Superally

I was a bit dismayed walking out on to Halbeath Rd at FT to discover that the Police had not stopped the traffic I nearly saw one individual being hit by a car. At a recent home game traffic again was not stopped yet a cop was stopping traffic from coming out of the carpark at Aldi's - Why?   I cant understand why they would do it one week and then not so the next especially during the winter  months when its dark - its a clear safety issue. Someone is going to get badly hurt.

15 minutes ago, Superally said:

I was a bit dismayed walking out on to Halbeath Rd at FT to discover that the Police had not stopped the traffic I nearly saw one individual being hit by a car. At a recent home game traffic again was not stopped yet a cop was stopping traffic from coming out of the carpark at Aldi's - Why?   I cant understand why they would do it one week and then not so the next especially during the winter  months when its dark - its a clear safety issue. Someone is going to get badly hurt.

It’s been very odd this season,  sometimes not stopping traffic, sometimes being late to do so, stopping traffic at different places.

Not sure why they need to change from what’s worked for decades.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DougieDave said:

Its likely to be a simple case of lack of manpower - police are so stretched at the minute - but it is indeed a safety issue - navigating your way past 3000 ****hole football fans is a tough challenge …..

I can see your tongue almost bursting out of your cheeks, DD,  but even if the police were stretched, it's surely a matter of prioritising deployment.

When I went past the Aldi car park entrance one frantic motorist was repeatedly blasting the horn. Maybe he/she had bought some ice cream and needed to get home sharpish before it melted? 😃

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

When I went past the Aldi car park entrance one frantic motorist was repeatedly blasting the horn. Maybe he/she had bought some ice cream and needed to get home sharpish before it melted? 😃

I saw a Policeman stopping cars coming out of that car park a few weeks ago GG, Yet strangely they were allowing cars to go up and down Halbeath Road so why stop them coming out of the car park?

Let's be honest about this, anyone driving past East End on a Saturday at 4.45 when there is a home game, who keeps driving when the fans are walking on the road as they have done for decades, is an unmitigated moron. If you do find yourself caught out, and there is no Police there, you stop anyway. Anyone continuing to move, amongst crowds of people including old folk and children, in the dark, shouldn't have a licence.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Do the club pay for the services of the Police outside the ground?

They shouldn’t do.

If police are required/ requested inside the ground we get charged.  If we don’t have police in the ground but ask for them to attend an incident we don’t get charged(in much the same way as you or I saying we’ve been robbed) 

Anything outside the ground is just general policing.  They are not responding to Dunfermline athletic, they are responding to a public safety possibility due to a large number of pedestrians near a public road. 

As soon as we leave the ground we aren’t customers of DAFC,  we are the general public.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 2

I asked your question on Wednesday night re the police and the answer from Billy Braisby was that they are having a meeting next week with the safety manager and police to ascertain what is going on. The club were unaware of a lack of police / stopping of traffic outside the stadium.