The Pars v The Jags

Superally

It’s the cup weekend so no Championship League matches, however Saturdays opponents remain depressingly familiar as the faithful head along the M8 on Friday night in search of thrills at Firhill. In some regard the form book for both sides remains relevant with Partick being undefeated in their past 5 games with 2 draws and their last 3 games have been wins. The Pars have benefited from a new manager bounce with two wins for Yogi and a draw with 2 losses in the PG era. It seems like its honors even thus far with a 4-2 Premier Sports cup Pars win at Firhill earlier this season, followed by a 3-0 humping at EEP. The last time the sides met it was a 0-0 draw. Partick are sitting 4th in the championship with 27pts 14 more than the Pars in 6th. Many Pars fans will be hoping after a very comfortable win against Ayr Utd that the bounce will continue. The team to appear to be resurgent and playing with a degree of confidence. However, this will be a significant test. The game should be close, but I think the Pars can take home a 2-1 win. COYP

26 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

It’s on Friday as Queen’s Park are at home to Kilmarnock on the Saturday and partick wanted to play on the pitch first , as Queen’s Park are playing at firhill this season

Ah, ok, that makes some sense, thanks. Still, wish they'd gone Sat/Sun rather than Fri/Sat. You would think they'd want to encourage a big crowd.

3 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Does anyone know why this is on a Friday night? I had assumed it was for TV, but I don't think it's on anywhere. Had it been Saturday at 3 I probably would have gone through, but no chance am I going on Friday night.

It is Friday night because the "committee" decided they wanted to point at you and say he was not there and is not a real fan. Do not listen to any other explanation.

• Upvote 1