The Pars v The Jags

Superally

2 hours ago, Digs said:

It was a poor game. We hit the bar from a corner and they hit the post, both in the first half and they were the only chances to speak of on a windy night on a tottie field that made football for both teams a tough ask.

I thought we did ok, without threatening too much, but neither did they. Yogi’s ****e joke about Dorrans giving the ball away once comes back to haunt him with the only time he did it tonight resulting in a goal. 

Great finish but a poor goal to lose for us and o thought a draw would have been a fair result.

Im not too bothered though, league is priority for me.

He gave it away a few times.  He will Do if he’s asked to play in that way in that position.  We need a CDM in at the window so we can push Dorrans further forward.

4 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

He gave it away a few times.  He will Do if he’s asked to play in that way in that position.  We need a CDM in at the window so we can push Dorrans further forward.

Getting more midfielders means having to move on Wilson Cole and pybus, not that I’d have any complaints over that. Squads overloaded with absolute rubbish that grant signed in the summer 

Not a great game but to be honest when the draw was made I thought “****e”, them, Morton and Caley away gave me the fear in the cup. Watched the goal again this morning and whilst Dorrans  made a mistake you have to credit the high energy pressing by the thistle lad and the Dom Thomasesque worldly finish. Gutted aye, angry no, we are better than we were under Grant. As the man said “put your seatbelts oan” there will be more highs and lows but I think this is going to be a fantastic journey. It’s good to feel good about the pars again.

• Upvote 1

Dreadful pitch (which will only get worse through the winter as being over played with Queen's Park) and a strong wind meant that neither side looked entirely comfortable on the ball.

Nothing really in the game in my opinion, but won by a wonderful shot.

Sometimes I think you just have to say 'well played' to the other team and move on. [As I write this, I hear my Dad's voice from the 1960's, and not what I actually said last night when the ball went in].

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3