Training Ground

rosythpar

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Still don't know the story behind that.

I think, and this might be wrong as my memory is shocking, it was something along the lines of Noel Hunt giving his boots, signed, to someone at the club (not naming names as I can't remember if this is right or not) for the purpose of passing them onto a fan, who never received them.

55 minutes ago, Digs said:

I think, and this might be wrong as my memory is shocking, it was something along the lines of Noel Hunt giving his boots, signed, to someone at the club (not naming names as I can't remember if this is right or not) for the purpose of passing them onto a fan, who never received them.

Yeah that's the way I heard it. No idea if it's true.

On 24/08/2022 at 20:27, Secure Par said:

Maybe if the old board had not  been set in their ways and looked at Pitreavie earlier when the Astro had been built as there was a training base there with changing rooms etc plus grass pitch? 
Mr Cook comes in and they are training at Pitreavie which is good and great facilities for the club… why do we need the facility in Rosyth that is going to cost 100k plus when Pitreavie is there and they are planning another Astro to be installed? 

You need to read up more on the ownership of Pitreavie and the events of our dark days and court appearances to understand why that is probably unviable. 

Edited by Roger Daltrey
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Roger Daltrey said:

You need to read up more on the ownership of Pitreavie and the events of our dark days and court appearances to understand why that is probably unviable. 

From the Dunfermline Press, 24 Aug 2020:

However, a legal wrangle about Pitreavie's lease and the descent of Dunfermline Athletic, who trained there, into administration saw the council spend more than £500,000 on the Fleet Grounds in Rosyth instead.

When the situation at Pitreavie was resolved, a new group called Pitreavie 20/20, headed by Gavin Masterton, the former owner of Dunfermline Athletic, took over.

Assuming he's still in charge 2 years later... That'll be a no thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Parents/Guardians of kids in the youth academy have been told that the astro pitches now wont be ready until next year. 

The academy teams are now training at Queensferry,Queen Anne and Bowhill, they are also doing sports science at EEP. 

Due to lack of funding from the SFA the youth teams are having to merge together. A relative of someone was telling me for example the best players from the 08s and 09s will make a team.

They are also having to get rid of coaches due to a lack of funding from the SFA.

You wonder how much it is costing to rent out all these pitches and Pitreavie for the first team. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/10/2022 at 18:47, rosythpar said:

Parents/Guardians of kids in the youth academy have been told that the astro pitches now wont be ready until next year. 

The academy teams are now training at Queensferry,Queen Anne and Bowhill, they are also doing sports science at EEP. 

Due to lack of funding from the SFA the youth teams are having to merge together. A relative of someone was telling me for example the best players from the 08s and 09s will make a team.

They are also having to get rid of coaches due to a lack of funding from the SFA.

You wonder how much it is costing to rent out all these pitches and Pitreavie for the first team. 

For an academy to be operating like this is laughable…… even grassroots teams have a place every week for training and not here, there and everywhere. 

yep the academy 08/09’s will become 1 team and there will be many players released. Feel sorry for the players released as I will know a fair amount of them.

Fife Elite were  more organised and that was still a **** show and the Academy looks worse now. 

I’ll bet the new 11 a side astro will be built at Pitreavie before the Academies pitch. 
There is just something not right going on with this new build at Rosyth. 

17 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

For an academy to be operating like this is laughable…… even grassroots teams have a place every week for training and not here, there and everywhere. 

yep the academy 08/09’s will become 1 team and there will be many players released. Feel sorry for the players released as I will know a fair amount of them.

Fife Elite were  more organised and that was still a **** show and the Academy looks worse now. 

I’ll bet the new 11 a side astro will be built at Pitreavie before the Academies pitch. 
There is just something not right going on with this new build at Rosyth. 

I think the new 11 a side at Pitreavie will also be the new home of Rosyth,which would be funny after being done the dirty on over the training ground at Rosyth.

I have my doubts if we will ever see the new training ground come to fruition. It keeps on getting pushed back and we have never really been given any proper details about it or ever seen the plans that they promised to show us a long time ago.

The cost of materials, asbestos and the cost of living crisis also wont be helping. I am sure piracy also mentioned an issue with Scottish water. The bottom pitch has also always had an issue with drainage. 

It did look like a couple of weeks ago that work was about to start on the new astro on the old bowling green but not seen any progress recently. 

Edited by rosythpar

• 3 months later...